- Birthday -

2nd Person POV

Illinois woke up with a gravelly yawn, scratching his neck as he sat up and stretched.

Today was his birthday. A day he rarely celebrated.

He looked over to greet you but sadly didn't see you in bed beside him.

He then heard noises coming from the kitchen making him furrow his brows in confusion.

He got up, slipped on a pair of sweatpants, and walked out of the room to go find you.

He walked into the kitchen and saw you mixing up something in a bowl.

"What're you doin'?" You flinched and zipped around to see Illinois standing in all of his glory. No shirt either. Lovely.

You gulped and sat the bowl down behind you.

"Uhh.. Look, I know you don't really like celebrating your birthday but... I just wanted to do something nice for my favorite adventurer." You answered him with a small smile.

Illinois was slightly shocked that someone would actually care to put together something for him, but he smiled nonetheless and walked towards you.

"Thank you, baby.. You didn't have to, ya know? I barely even consider my birthday a holiday." The adventurer spoke, slipping his arms around you.

"Oh come on, I had to. You always do things for me so why not return the favor?" He smiled and kissed you lovingly making you return the kiss.

"But can we just have a lazy day as my birthday? I don't feel like goin' out." You smiled and nodded. "Of course, babe. It's your birthday after all."

He sighed in content as you messed with his hair, eyes fluttering shut while your hands unraveled any rouge knot that was in his dark brown locks.

"What were ya makin'?" He asked as he let you turn around in his arms.

"Oh, it's chocolate cake batter." You said as you finished mixing and poured it into the glass pan.

He hummed and let you go, leaning against the counter as he watched you put the pan in the oven and made a timer for 40 minutes.

"Now we wait." You said turning back around. But once you did, he immediately picked you up and took you over to the couch.

"Illi-?" You went to speak but he hushed you and laid down with you on top of him.

"You said we could have a lazy day. So, we're gonna lay on the couch for awhile." He answered you while pulling the blanket off from the back of the couch.

You smiled and kissed the adventurers cheek as he put the blanket over the two of you.

"Lets just not fall asleep so we don't let the cake burn." You said while Illinois nodded and held you close.

"You're never usually this clingy. Are you okay?" You asked the handsome adventurer. He seemed to be a bit hesitant with his answer. That usually meant something was wrong.

"I.. I don't know... Just wanna be close to you is all..." He replied, snuggling into your neck and kissing it lightly.

You blushed with a smile and kissed his forehead, carding your fingers through his fluffy hair.

"I love you..." He mumbled quietly.

Okay now your entire body was heated up. He was rarely ever like this... was he sick-?

"I love you too, Illi.." You replied back, kissing his cheek.

Soon, the male fell asleep. However you stayed awake on your phone so you could take the cake out of the oven once it was done.