- Storms -

2nd Person POV

It was a dark and stormy night for the people in the manor. Not a soul was awake. Except for you.

But you weren't supposed to be awake. You wanted to sleep but couldn't. The storm outside was too loud for you.

And not to mention how utterly terrifying storms were in general..

You were currently curled up in the guest bed, shaking with tears spilling down your face.

You hated storms. Hated them. The mere thought of them made you flinch in fear.

All of a sudden, a loud clap of thunder shook the house making you cry out.

Mark was sleeping peacefully in his room whenever he had heard you yelp in fear.

The Actor sat up groggily and rubbed his eyes in confusion.

He slipped on his robe and tied the ribbon around his waist and grabbed his phone as a flashlight.

Walking out of his room, he had seen a huge strike of lightning touch the ground outside of the window.

Right as it happened, he heard you yelp once more from the guest bedroom that was a few rooms down from his.

He sped-walk toward your door and opened it, walking in to find you trembling under your covers.

"Y/n? Oh dear, are you alright?" He asked as he sat down beside you on the bed.

You shook your head from under the covers as Mark thought of how to comfort you.

You then felt the bed shift and someone's arms go around you.

Mark pulled the blanket off of your head and pulled you into his chest, holding you close.

"I've got you, Y/n That storm cannot hurt you. Not while I'm here..." He reassured in a low voice.

A blush took over your face as he did so, but a loud crack of lighting ruined your little moment with him.

You hid your face deeper into Marks robe, the soft fabric rubbing against your cheek.

"I'm terrified... I-I've always hated storms..." You said as Mark ran a hand through your hair comfortingly.

"Don't be, Y/n. It'll pass. Just focus on me, okay? Nothing can hurt you. Just close your eyes and focus on the sound of my heart." The Actor said pulling your head up to look him in the eyes.

You nodded, the trembling subsiding as you closed your eyes.

You focused all your attention on his heartbeat.

Ba-dump

Ba-dump

Ba-dump

You breathed in a sharp breath then slowly exhaled as your eyes drooped down.

Mark smiled and looking down at you lovingly. He had always liked you. No. Loved you.

Ever since he met you on a movie he did awhile back, he couldn't keep his eyes off of you. Not even for a second.

Thankfully you never noticed his adoration to you. But now you had a feeling that what he was doing wasn't just to comfort you, but a way to show that he truly loves you.

"Just sleep, Y/n... I'll be here if you awake from another nightmare, I promise..." Mark spoke as you started to slip into the comforting void of sleep.

Mark smiled as you fell asleep in his arms. You were so... unique to him. Precious even.

He wanted to tell you that he loved you but... he didn't know how'd you react.

He decided he'd wait for the morning to ask you.

He honestly didn't want the storm to pass since... well he wanted to keep you in his arms for longer.

As the actor admired you, he started to fall asleep himself. He hoped that you wouldn't be gone in the morning...

________________________________________________

You yawned as you woke up, sadly noticing it was still raining.

Not wanting to get up yet, you turned your body to get more comfortable when you realized that Mark was holding you against him.

You started to freak out til last nights events played through your head.

You breathed out with relief and smiled at him.

For being a stuck-up and self-absorbed narcissist, he was super sweet when it came to just you and him. Yet you didn't understand why...

Perhaps he.. liked you? No... probably not. He's a busy actor. He doesn't have time for crushes and dating!

Yet, here you are, snuggled against his chest as his arms are wrapped tightly around you..

A boom of thunder shook the house once more, making you whimper and hide your body closer into Marks.

You felt him move from under you making you panic pretend to be asleep.

He mumbled something that you didn't quite catch as he then ran a hand down your back to soothe you.

"You're alright, darling... No need to be frightened. I'm still here.." So he was awake... and he was fine with this-?

Okay maybe he did like you...

Moving where you were facing him, you could see that he was just barely awake.

His eyes were slightly drooped while he had a lazy smile on his tanned face.

"Morning, love.." He mumbled, lightly kissing your forehead.

Your face went red making him laugh out, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up.

"Hm.. The lightning and thunder stopped. Must be finally passing." Mark said as he looked out the window while you stayed covered up due to how cold the room was.

The Actor noticed your shivering and smiled. He laid back down and pulled you flush against his chest.

You decided to give in to his sudden sweetness and nuzzled closer toward him while he started to speak again.

"Y/n, no storm will ever frighten you again. Not while I'm with you. I promise that." You smiled at that.

Storms were still scary, but Mark made them seem like April showers to you.

He kissed the top of your head as you both started to fall asleep once more.

"I'll be here when you awake, dear. Don't you worry on that..." And with that, you fell asleep. Knowing that you had someone to protect you from the storms wrath..

< End >