- Flirtatious -

Hehe- Detective AU >:)

2nd Person POV

Niles was definitely a flirty person.

He seemed to always know what to say to get your heart to flutter. And with you being shy and easily flustered, it happens a lot.

A. Lot.

Like how it's probably about to happen now since he was walking right toward you...

"Hey there, boss. You look nice today." You blushed at the compliment, trying to keep it down a bit by acting like you didn't just hear what he said, but you failed.

"I'm really glad you decided to get the office beside mine. That means I get to see ya more." He spoke, his sultry and suave voice calming your nerves yet also spiking them due to the affection and compliments.

He smiled at your red face, grabbing your hand gently and kissing the back of it.

"I worked on that one case earlier. Ya know, the one with the hammer and frying pan? Well, Gunther almost distracted me from doing it cause he almost broke the coffee machine. But now it should be solved pretty soon." He said proudly, while you two walked out of the main area of the ship.

"Thats good to hear. Speaking of Gunther, have you seen him lately? I thought I did earlier but now that I think
about-" "WOOOOOHOOOOO!" There he is...

Niles pulled you away from the maniac crashing through the wall, your back against his chest.

"Wooh! That was fu- Oh hey boss." Gunther said tipping his hat toward you.

You huffed and rolled your eyes. You didn't have to say anything to let him know that you were pissed.

"Gunther I'd advise you to leave. Or maybe you should fix that hole up there." Niles said as Gunther looked up to where he dropped in. He then quickly turned on his heel and sped off so he didn't have to do anything.

You sighed and shook your head, telling your assistant to call in the repair-men.

After doing that, you went back toward your office. You passed by Niles who winked at you then walked away to the rest area. Most likely to get a snack.

You watched as he walked, his coat swaying with every step.

How can one man be so confident...? To be honest, you didn't really know. Maybe some past trauma or some shit.

In reality, he just wanted to impress his boss. Ever since you took the position he immediately fell for you. So, he started to act more confident and cool. People wondered why but he never told.

After awhile of moseying around the office and checking to see if everyone was doing their jobs, you got bored and decided to sit in the lounge room for a bit.

It was one of your favorite things to do when the building wasn't busy. Just looking out the windows and watching cars and people pass by.

It was peaceful to say the least.

Once you reached the lounge area, you sighed in happiness to see no one in there.

You took your hat off and placed it on the hat rack as well as your small coat which hung on the coat rack beside the hat rack.

Sitting down on the small couch by the window, you smiled while seeing couples walk by, fancy cars drive to their big mansions in the hills, and people going into the shops by your building.

You hummed a familiar tune to yourself, watching as a stray dog walked along the sidewalk.

Since you were in your own little world, you didn't notice the door sliding open. Nor did you notice Niles sauntering in.

He smiled at you. He then took his hat and coat off to hang them up so he could sit with you.

Niles then walked over to you, tapping your shoulder gently making you jump a bit.

"Sorry, boss. I just came to see what you were doing." He spoke, his baritone voice filling the room you were in.

You hadn't seen him with his hat off yet. His hair was slicked back and made him look ever-so regal...

"Boss?" He asked, leaning down and tilting his head a bit. You then realized you had been staring.

You shook out of your daze and smiled shyly. "Sorry.. I was just staring out the window. It's very calming and peaceful. Care to join me?" You asked, a pink tint across your face.

Niles smiled and nodded, sitting down beside you as he turned his head to look out.

"It's honestly really nice to just stare out a window. That sounds dumb but it's true. But.. I don't know. I think it's pretty outside. Don't you think?" You asked, still looking out the window.

"Yeah... it's really is.." Although Niles wasn't looking outside.

He was looking at you.

You turned your head upon feeling his gaze on you, blushing when you realized that he was staring at you.

"I-I- uhm..." You tried to say something but nothing came out. Nothing but stutters and stammers.

Niles chuckled and pulled you close, your body basically in his lap while he stared into your eyes lovingly.

Your blush only grew from there. His friendly flirtatiousness now seeming as if he actually had a thing for you.

Which.. he did but.. as if you knew that.

Once he started to lean, that was when you realized that he indeed did like you.

And you liked him back.

Your lips finally met, fitting together as if they were destined for each other.

His hands gripped your hips gently while your arms went around his neck.

Once the two of you let go, both of your faces were a dark pink.

You both giggled in haziness and happiness, both now knowing that you two liked each other.

No.. loved each other.

Niles rested his forehead against yours, making your face darken even more.

"So is this you being flirty or..?" You joked which made Niles howl in laughter.

"No, my love. This is all real." He spoke, kissing your forehead gently while he intertwined his hand with yours.

"Although yes I'm still going to be very, very flirtatious..."

"Of course you are..."

< End >