- Home for Christmas -

2nd Person POV

Christmas. One of your favorite times of the year. The time where you and Damien can just rest in each other's arms with nothing to bother either of you.

Unfortunately, it wasn't gonna be like that this year.

For this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, he most likely wasn't gonna be able to celebrate all that much with you. He had been extremely busy the past few weeks. He didn't even get to decorate the mansion with you like he usually does!

You sighed in sadness as you stared at the wall. The house was quite boring when Damien wasn't home.

Your dog, Delta, was fast asleep on his bed by the large Christmas tree in your living room so.. you couldn't have him keep you company.

You looked at the clock for the millionth time that day. 10:13 PM. Damien always came home at such a random time now. You guessed Christmas time was busy for a mayor.

Yet, you just couldn't believe that you were sitting alone on the couch on Christmas Eve. Your poor husband was probably being overworked and was definitely sad he couldn't spend time with you.

Sighing once more, you pulled a fluffy blanket over your body and turned on the TV to find a good and heartwarming Christmas movie to drown out your sadness.

Finally deciding on 'Jingle All The Way', you snuggled into your blanket whilst silent tears slipped down your cheeks.
You really missed Damien...

One Christmas movie movie later...

You woke up with a small grumble and a huff. Rubbing your eyes, you noticed a weight had been placed on you.

Puzzled, you opened your sleepy eyes and noticed Delta had gotten on top of you in your sleep.

You chuckled and pet his head, scratching behind his ears gently while he snoozed.

You looked at the clock. 12:34 AM. Christmas Day.

You wanted to cry really. You wanted your husband so badly it.. it hurt.

That's when you heard it. Footsteps. Heavy ones at that.

You peered over the back of the couch and your eyes lit up at who you saw.

"Darling!" You exclaimed happily, startling Delta awake. The dog got off of you and waltzed on over to his bed and fell right back to sleep.

Damien chuckled at your sweet behavior and walked over to you. He dawned a dark blue sweatshirt and black sweatpants.

"Missed me, my darling? I figured you would. But I've come to say.." He leaned down to your face, his eyes admiring your features.

"That I'm home for Christmas and so forth.. No more hours away unless it's the ones needed." You squealed with delight and pulled him onto the couch, making the mayor laugh with delight.

"Oh gods, you do not know how bored I was without you! I may have cried a few times.." You sheepishly said the last part.

Damien frowned a bit and pulled you close.

"I'm sorry, dearest... I had a lot of work to do, that's all I can say. But I promise tomorrow is going to be grand for us, alright?" He reassured while you nodded with a smile.

That night, you both slept snug and warm on the comfy couch. Even Delta had joined you both after awhile of laying in his own bed. You were so happy Damien was home finally.

You knew this Christmas was going to be perfect.

As long as you were with Damien, it was surely going to be grand.

You just knew it.

< End >