- I. Love. You. -

Requested by @this_Devil

2nd Person POV

"Alright, HeeHoo. Which book?" You asked holding up two books in your hands. You had taken them from your home that was outside of HeeHoos woods so you could read to him.

HeeHoo tilted his head and looked at each book. He obviously couldn't read what they were but he usually aimed for things that were colorful or vibrant looking.

But then he stopped to look at you and then poked your cheek.

You rose a brow but giggled at him and took his hand in your own.

"Not me silly! A book!" You laughed out making a huge smile appear on the man's face.

You showed him the two books again til he pointed to the book in your left hand, which was The Gruffalo.

You smiled and put the other book back in your backpack you took with you and scooted closer to HeeHoo who looked curiously at the book.

"The Gruffalo, by Julia Donaldson." You started as HeeHoo rested his chin on your shoulder, listening to your voice.

"A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood. A fox saw the mouse and the mouse looked good." You continued, til you noticed HeeHoo messing with your hair randomly.

You smiled at his antics but moved so you could look at him.

"Are you even listening, buddy?" You asked gently as HeeHoo looked at you and nodded eagerly.

You chuckled a bit and continued on as HeeHoo wrapped you up in a gentle yet loving hug.

You smiled as you read. When you met HeeHoo, he was literally about to kill you. But you had a bag of takis in your hands and that was the first thing you could've thrown at him. Now, he can't get enough of them or you.

"On went the mouse through the deep dark wood. An owl saw the mouse and the mouse looked good." HeeHoo mumbled random little things as he kissed your shoulder lightly, not really listening due to his thoughts.

You kept on reading as he did so til you caught him staring at you.

"What?" You asked with a smile as he messed with your hair once more.

"Pretty..." He mumbled, staring into your eyes. His own looked like they belonged to a puppy.

A blush tookover your face as you smiled and kissed his cheek, making a small smile appear on his slightly rugged face.

You turned back to the book and turned the page and kept on reading to HeeHoo.

"On went the mouse through the deep dark wood. A snake saw the mouse and the mouse looked good." HeeHoo grumbled something and nuzzled into the back of your head, growing a bit bored of the book.

You giggled at the feeling and went back to the book while HeeHoo watched a bunny quickly hop by.

HeeHoo sighed and kissed the back of your neck gently, making you shudder a bit.

"Do you not like the book, HeeHoo?" You asked, turning to look at him slightly.

He stopped and looked at the book then back at you.

"HeeHoo like book. But... HeeHoo.. like
Y/n more..." He said trying to think of the words he learned the previous day.

Your face went beet red, but you smiled and set the book down, putting your hands in his.

"I like you too, HeeHoo." You said rubbing your noses together.

He flinched a bit and scrunched his nose up making you laugh and put your forehead against his.

For being a man who's been lost in the woods for a long time, he was super caring.

"HeeHoo.. not like Y/n.. HeeHoo..." He paused making you a bit confused til he put his hand up with yours, locking them together as he stared into your e/c eyes, his brown ones showing nothing but affection.

"HeeHoo love Y/n." Your eyes widened. You hadn't taught him the word love yet... How did he know what it meant?

"I-I... Y/n love HeeHoo too.." You replied, tearing up a bit as the biggest smile broke out on the caveman's face.

He jumped up and pulled you into his arms, holding you bridal style.

"Y/n love HeeHoo back?" You nodded and giggled, kissing his nose.

"Y/n love HeeHoo back." You said as HeeHoo smiled once more then looked down at your lips.

You blushed as he started to lean in. You two had never really kissed before. Mostly because you didn't think he'd really understand it.

You gulped and leaned in as well, your lips soon connecting. Like you thought, for being something like Tarzan, he was a pretty good kisser to be honest.

You two parted and HeeHoo had hearts in his eyes. Gods, he loved you. So, so, much. Even if he wasn't that great at saying it.

That night, you two read stories and snuggled up with each other til you needed to go back home.

Before you left, HeeHoo reeled you into another big bear hug and said something once more.

"I. Love. You." You smiled again and kissed him one more time before heading back to your humble abode.

Yep. He loved you alright.

< End >