Manhattan

Eric

My thoughts raced as I sat in my car. It would feel good to call Hadiya in the moment. I would be able to sit and think about everything that's been going on. On the other hand I know myself and I can though I loved Amari I see myself taking full advantage of what ever Hadiya would throw at me. As my mind began to flood with thoughts of the past sexual encounters Hadiya and I Amari began to blow up my phone. Instantly put the phone on do not disturb.

Sitting there I knew that she had my location and could see that I was down stairs. I didn't care enough to turn it off and was completely ready for her to see wherever I ended up.

After looking at the time and realizing that it was almost time to take my daughter to the airport I tossed  my phone form my left hand to my right a few times.

"Shit." I said to myself. I knew I needed time to myself  but I needed to get the shit I was feeling out.

"Fuck it." Is the missed call and text message notifications came through from Amari, I went through my contact list and landed on Hadiya. My heart pounded as the face time rang. Just as soon as I thought that she wouldn't answer I heard her voice.

"Hello" She answered. She was clearly confused and so was I. I was able to hear the hustle and bustle of whatever city she was in after she propped the phone up. Looking at the background I could see that she was in a hotel room, and a nice one.

"Where are you?" I asked trying to figure it out.

"Sounds like you are on your way." She said fixing her satin robe.

"I think I might be." I shot back.

"You don't have shit like that in you anymore. We were just together and you didn't have this energy."

"You may be right so answer the question." I said starting my car and head towards my father's house.

"New York. Manhattan." She crossed her arms. I paused to look at the phone.

"Ok." I said making flight reservations to New York. What good is a jet if you can't plan to fly whenever you get the urge.

"Ok? What do you mean ok?" She asked tapping the screen.

"I'm on my way. I was already on my way to take Gia to the airport. I haven't been home in a while and I have a lot of shit on my mind... why not." I said making sure I cancelled Gia's commercial flight as I sat in the middle of the parking structure.

"Home? You still have your place here?" She asked growing a little frantic

"I can't let that spot go." I said unpausing the call.

"Are you seriously coming to New York? I can see that you have a lot going on and I don't know if you girl would like you talking to me. You haven't said it but it seems like you are trying to see me." She said giving a slight smile. I let my dad know that I was on my way after I got flight confirmation.

"Texas is crazy right now. I need to spend a few days away. Plus I am trying to see you." I responded now making eye contact.

"You are going to get yourself in trouble."

"I'm already in trouble." I said drive down the block and making some turns.

"Eric. You know how I am." She said warning me.

"Give me a few hours..."

Airport

"As soon as we landed I saw G's mother  standing outside of the car that I had sent for her.