HTX

HTX•Doctor's appointment
Eric

I had just landed and made it to Amari's doctors appointment. She was still suspicious of my willingness to act like nothing happened.

"No I didn't." I answered her question.

"I didn't ask you you anything." She laughed.

"You haven't said anything to me since I left the airport. So if it's not that then let me know." It was obvious that's she felt guilty and the fact that I treated her without any malice scared her.

"You said you didn't so I don't have anything to say."

"Amari what do I look like adding some extra shit to our life? I didn't kiss her, have sex with her, none of that." She looked at me to see if I was telling the truth as we walked in to the doctors office. I let her handle the forms and small talk as we sat in the large waiting room. There was a couple on the other side that was further along and clear in love.

"I can't help but be skeptical, not about your ex, but about you. I put you through a lot in a short period of time and I..."

"What do I gain from treating you like shit? I'm a grown ass man, o don't have anytime to be childish." I grew annoyed with the conversation ani noticed a nurse called the other couple back.

"I spent enough time and energy being mad at you and I just want to pay attention to what's in front of us."

"I mean you couldn't even look at me a few days ago. I saw the hate in your eyes." She said holding back tears.

"I hated that you were going to have an abortion a d there was nothing that I could do about it. I hated, and o mean hated, the fact that even though I wanted to marry you I was going to have to let you go because I wouldn't be able to... I wasn't going to try and talk you out of it because having a baby is your choice and you should come to it in your own. That was what you wanted and I lived with it. Now this is what you say you want and I'm living with it. Now if you want me to treat you like shit..."

"Ms Williams." A nurse came to the front and interrupted our conversation. The nurse motioned us to come back.

"Do you want me back there?" I asked making sure we are in the same page.

"Let's go." She replied as she walked to the nurse smiling. The nurse and Amari engaged in casual conversation ask she got us settled in the room and took her vitals. I zoned out up until the doctor came in. She looked really young and honest resembled Hadiya.

"Ahh I see we have two little ones. How would you feel about three?" She said staring at what looked to me like static. I looked at her to see if she was joking.

"Three what?" I asked her.

"That gets the dads everytime. The both of them are growing at great rates." The doctor laughed as my mild heart attack calmed down. I was all in regardless but triplets would take some getting used to.

"Here is baby A..." She paused pointing at the screen. I got choked realizing this was real life. I stood, getting closer to the screen.

"And baby B." I glanced down at Amari who smiled up at me.

"Almost 4 months. You are about a week off." She said looking at her both of us.

"5 more months." Amari said shifting around." That means I had 4 months to pack up and move.

"Is she ok to fly?" I asked thinking about going to Disneyland this weekend.

"Yep." The doctor replied.

"We are going to need a bigger place." I said making the doctor laugh. The doctor went over some basics and asked Amari how she felt. She was able to set up he next appointment as I took a call in the hallway.