Water

"Love you too Eric." I said holding his arms around my waistline. We stood there for a while. He may have been soaking up the moment but I wanted to ask him what happened with his baby mama.

"I did miss you. But I gotta get that." He let me go to answer his ringing phone but not before smacking my ass. The pain radiated through my backside. I felt foolish for running up on him the way that I did. I stood in the middle of the penthouse apartment thinking I could have caught him doing something different and then what? How would I have reacted. I though about telling him I had to go but he would already know that was a lie. I sat on the back of the long sofa when he emerged in the shadows of the hall way. He waved me over frantically in his direction as he talked in the phone. I took my jacket off and waked down the hallway.

"Come here." He mouthed. Eric sat on the bed leaving space for me to lay with him. I rolled my eyes as I kicked my shoes off. His lips graced my for head while I ran my fingers through his beard. He drew circles on shoulder with his finger while I listened to his heart beat.

"I agree, it's too much right now anyways." He said sternly. It was the only thing he said in the phone call. I knew that if I could tell he was uninterested the person he was on the phone with could tell as well.

"Shoot me email and have a copy of it for me Monday morning. I'll go over it and we can meet, say later in this week?" He didn't waste any time getting off of the phone.

"My bad." He said apologizing for taking the call.

"Don't be." I snuggled up to him a little more.

"I appreciate you telling me. Someone did send me a blog post and if I didn't know already I would have been beyond upset." Then it all clicked.

"They made it look really bad. Then again they need people to read the shit right?" He laughed feeling for the remote control. The large television scree lit up the entire room as I'm out two and two together.

"She sent you the screen shot didn't she? That's why a she had that bad ass attitude." I tried to sit up but he gently sat my ass back down. I tried it a few times before he draped his arm around my neck. His warm hand slid down my shirt feeling my heart beat.

"It's not that serious." I was officially pissed off.

"Why is it any of her business? She still has feeling for you if she was that pressed to send you something like that." I don't know X and I really made it to any blogs. It would have been a strong possibility with us being out in the open like that. I didn't want to spend time arguing with Eric so I did what's was right.

"Who cares." He laughed while taking my nipple in between two of his fingers. I let him kiss the side of my face before finished the rest of his nonchalant thoughts.

"Mari it doesn't matter what Yani thinks about me or if she still has feelings for me."

"It matters if that's all it takes for her to treat you like that Eric. She still wants you." I moved my face when he went in for another kiss.

"It doesn't matter how she treats me or what she wants. It matters how she treats my daughter. What matters is how I treat my daughter, your family and you." I couldn't tell if he was serious. I actually felt a way about her bringing me up and he dismissed it. I was fuming and his soft, calm voice didn't help me settle down.

"Ok whatever." I turned my back to him only making him press is body against mine. I laid there taking my position as the little spoon. I let it go because I didn't want to ruin the night.

"That's it?" He asked as I stared off at the television knowing damn well I hated watching sports center.

"It's late and I had a long flight." I sat up not really knowing my next move.

"There are fresh towels in the closest." I moved swift taking him upon the offer.

"How did we go from I love you to you not wanting to look at me?" He yelled behind me. I walked in to the bathroom tuning directly to the closet. He called out  again just as I grabbed a towel.

"I gave you head today you have to be nice to me Amari. Some good ass head too." I left the door open Turing in the shower. I smiled at his comment.

The hot water fell over my body helping me drown out his words.