Boyfriend

"I don't know why he picked your school Rin." I tried explaining to him as I let him drive me car home from his basketball practice. He had a week before he took his test  as I was the only one wiling to let him drive. At 8 the high way was clear and Aden was home with Eric.

"I just think it's weird. You haven't seen me since I was in middle school and now you want to sponsor my team because you have a kid with my big head ass sister?" I gasped at his comment.

"This sister is the line between you and a drivers license." I said as he took the exit back to our mother's house.

"I just think it's a lot. Especially because you are obviously seeing someone else." The day had finally come when someone figured it out.

"What are you talking about?" I said trying to steer the conversation elsewhere.

"Amari we saw you and the baby more when you were in Atlanta. I mean I get that Jaimie is like your next door neighbor and stuff but..." he paused to turn a corner now taking the long way to the house.

"But what Rinney?" I asked knowing that he already knew.

"But dang. So I figured it out. Has to be a dude because it's not your baby's daddy." I started laughing before he even finished.

"You just have it all figured out huh?" Hi asked as he parked in front of the house.

"So I'm right huh? Why haven't you brought him around?" He asked a d rightfully so.

"Why? So ma can compare him to X? She won't let his ass go no mater how much he disrespects me." I asked him.

"She does love her some X."

"Exactly. The fact that y'all have almost gotten into fight because he dragged me through the mud and she welcomes him with open arms." I said confirming my point.

"It's his money." He said trying to make something up on the fly.

"His money? One thing about X is he ain't spending no money over here Rinney I play my bills, I take care of my baby, and I do it all with out a dime. Any other chick would have been to court 5 or 6 times for his money." I said growing more and more angry at the fact that my mother was  still stuck in my past relationships.

"He was here for that game. Don't you think that he knew he was going to be in Texas? You think he called to see his son?" I asked him.

"Wait are you serious?" He asked thinking I was making this up.

"100% Rinney. You see what I mean now?"

"I didn't know all that. I mean he was at my school all day that day." He began to think.

"If that fucker took time out of his busy day to write a check I would put it in Aden's account. Look I don't mean to make you think any different of him but this is what it is man." I get angry when talking about X because people only see the football star with the kool aid smile. People barley know that X has a son.

"I mean we know the real. But that doesn't change the fact that you have a boyfriend."

"I do have a boyfriend." I admitted. If there was a brother I would be ok with knowing it would be him.

"So who is he? Oh wait have I met him and I did know like on some sneaky stuff? You know you are a little sneaky." I gasped, not believing my ears.

"I'm sneaky? I am just..."

"Mhmm" he said grabbing his phone from the cup holder.

"No he hasn't been around." I answered the question.