Carats

I barely got any sleep because as promised the movers were right on time. They took all of the  bedroom furniture out first, setting it in place before stacking the boxes up. There was so much going on I let them do their thing while they took my baby Benz off of the truck. I know I had paid top dollar for the company but it took me by surprise that the bulk of the work was done. Eric had to take a quick shower in his hotel room before coming over which was fine with me. Jaimie took the baby to the office with her got the day while I got the place together.

I started with Aden's room, putting sheets on the crib mattress, putting his clothes away and even stocking his changing table. The more organized he was the faster I could focus on the rest of the place. Within the hour I had already broken down the boxes and moved in to my room. I used my new hangers to fill my walk in closet when I heard the door.

Walking to the door I noticed the apartment was a lot bigger allowing me to have more creative freedom when it came to cute decorations. Looking through the peep hole all I could see was wrapping paper.

"Eric you didn't have to do that!" I acted like I didn't want his gift. When I opened the door I realized the box was smaller than I thought.

"What is this?" I sighed. I told him time and time again that I didn't need another piece of jewelry.

"Just something to add to your outfit when I take you out for dinner tonight." I let him in the door. I rolled my eyes not even being able to be mad at him.

"I have the baby and I have to unpack in so little time. I start Monday you know and I need to get it together." I locked the door before leading him through the last of my box maze.

"I can't take it." I handed the box back, or at least tried. He let me get all of my excuses out before he used all of his charm to tell me every reason I why I didn't have a choice.

"You can and you will." The age old debate started as he guilt tripped me. I smacked my teeth as he started opening boxes.

"I'm here to help you get all of this together before Sunday. You're keeping it and you're going to wear it tonight." I held the box in my hand as he wrapped his arms around my torso slowly. The hug didn't change the fact that what ever was in the box probably cost more than me.

"We can get this done in no time. It's still early." He kissed my forehead and both cheeks before her got down to my neck.

"Eric. Come on now." We were headed down the wrong road already. I was losing focus as soon as he started.

"What's the big deal Mari?" I hated that he had to convince me to take his gifted but it's not that easy. I don't want to get use to him doing things like this for me or my son.

"It's too much. You can't keep buying me jewelry babe." This was the first time I associate him with a pet name.

"Ok fine. Open the box." Were were face to face again. He could care less about my words.

"I don't want you because of the diamonds. I want you for you." I finally admitted. I never wanted him to think that I was a good digger or anything like that. I take pride in being on my own, taking care of my son, and making my own money. It may be weird but him spoiling me made me feel like I was dependent in a wired way.

"I know. Amari, I do shit like this because I want to." He held my hand. Maybe I was overreacting because in reality I'm lucky.

"I'll open this box when you open one of those boxes in the bedroom." I said sarcastically.

"I have something to open your box." He looked me up and down before finding his way to my bedroom. I almost forgot how corny he could be.

"This is a pretty nice place you have here." He yelled from my room. I stayed at the beginning of the hallway bracing myself to see what was over priced piece jewelry I would be adding to my collection. Since we have been doing what ever this is he has gotten me everything but a ring. It had only been about 5 months since he started really working with the company and met me. It was safe to say we were a little moving fast.

Another necklace this time made out of about 12 one carat diamonds.

"Eric! It's beautiful. But it's too much." His gifts got bigger and better over time. At first it was a dinner at a fancy place or a bag then a pair of shoes and now we are here.

"Nothing is too much for you and I'm not taking it back so don't even ask Amari again." I found him actually picking up where I left off with unpacking.

"These diamonds are... looks like a carat each." He nodded his head as if that was something small. I stood with the necklace in one hand and the box in the other watching him put my clothes away.

"Do you have OCD? Everything is packed so well." I wanted the move to be as smooth as possible so I took my time.

"So we aren't going to talk about this." I put the necklace back in the box and on to my dresser. I started taking my folder clothes and placing them in to the drawers.

"No it's yours. Don't forget aboutt dinner tonight, the reservation is at 7." He was paying me no mind. I want him desperately to see why I was up in arms.

"I can tell you now I won't accept it. It's beautiful but it cost more than me." I watched him scramble through the boxes.

"The closet is finished." He sat on bed. While I was complaining about the necklace he was moving faster than I thought.

"It was already half done when you got here." I added my two cents.

"You can put some sheets on the bed. There is a new set in one of those boxes. And the new comforter is in my car." He smacked his teeth. I turned my body to look at him.

"I'm not finna go full Martha Stewart on this bed just to ruin it tonight." He walked to find the new sheets.

"Stop being a baby. Who is to say that we will ruin anything?" I laughed finishing up with my clothes. The shoes were a entirely different battle I wasn't really for. I sat in the dresser watching him struggle with opening the packaging.

"Your such a man." He finally popped it open before he realized I was watching him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I helped him put in the sheets before responding.

"There was an entire zipper that you could have used." He knew that he had gave me that you're right face and laughed. After the bed was finished the only thing left to do was the kitchen but we didn't have the energy. With no cable or wifi we ended up y'all about everything under the sun and I took some clothes for dinner tonight with me and went to his hotel.