The End of That

Amari

"What do you mean gone?" Nicole asked me.

"We argued and then he said that he said he was going to take his daughter to the air port and then he was in New York and has been there for the last day." I told her.

"Are you serious?" She asked looking around.

"I haven't talked to him in a could days. His phone is on, I'm not blocked or anything but he just isn't answering." I said looking around to make sure I had everything that I came with. I began to take off the jewelry he gave me for leaning to leave it on the bed for dramatic affect.

"And you have called I'm assuming..."

"Since he left I have. I haven't stopped. I think this may really be it. I have been so selfish through the relationship." I said realizing that I was the problem. I shook the feeling of guilt off before getting back to packing.

"So you are leaving? Isn't this the second time you have moved out?" She asked now helping me move some things around.

"I never really moved in." I pointed out.

"The room for your son and the shared office space says different. He loves you." She said slowly trying to talk me in to staying.

"He probably has love for me but I doubt he is in love with me anymore." I said coming to terms that my life was going to be differ by now.

"You have to wait and see sis."

"He hasn't don't anything wrong. Well we both have our faults but he was a perfect partner. There is nothing wrong with seeing a life with someone and moving towards. He has done nothing but love me and my son and I have let everything get in the way." I said sitting down. I looked around me and took a mental note of all the bags around me.

"I'm going to have to move again. I can't go back to work after all of this. I have to go back to Atlanta." I thought about how Nickie made her money and was thinking about taking that route. However, I knew that I wasn't even built like that.

"Let's just wait until he comes back..."

"I'm not going to be here." I said back. I had already taken my son's stuff back to my apartment and just packed up my stuff. I already knew that there was a slim chance that we would continue our relationship.

"Where is he staying?" She asked.

"His location is in Manhattan. He is at a hotel." I said starting to move stuff towards the door.

"I thought you said he had a place in New York." She responded.

"He does." I said as she began to help me.

"So why would he need to be at a hotel?" She continued to probe.

"I don't know. Maybe he is with his baby's mama." I said walking down the hall and in to the living room.

"Or that model." She said soon after. I saw her looking at her phone. I knew that Nicole was going to be able to find him, or a little he was in New York with, with all of her connections. One phone call to a blogger or a content creator and it was done. She did it with my son's father and even though Eric wasn't as high profile I'm sure she could do it again.

"What makes you thing that?" I asked stopping in my tracks.

"She is in New York. It's just a thought. I know she has a show there this week." She said.

"He probably is... fuck I really pushed him away. I just wanted too keep everyone on the low and now look at where I am."