Panty

"My dress definitely matches his suit." The Douglass, Graham, & Associates gala had finally come and so did the gitters. We had multiple conversations about how this day will go and all of the planning and preparation went out of the window.

"You think people are going to notice the little details? Regardless y'all aren't going as a couple do y'all should be fine." Jaimie assured me. I was sure that she was pretty annoyed with me at this point. I was very concerned about how this night would go as well as pretty on edge because Aden would be spending the week with his father's family. Even though X he disappeared from his sons life his mother had a standing appointment with Aden every 3 months. It was a crazy arrangement, that never got easier, however his mother was doing a lot more than her son was. In addition to that, there was a large adjustment to my brother being home. Tyson was ready to rush off to the east coast as soon as he could to be with some women which threw us all off. On top of that there hasn't been much communication between Eric and I. There haven't been any quick glances at the office or after hour sleep overs.

"You're right." I put in my earrings and decided to shake it off. I tugged at the sleeves of the sparkly black dress hopping that once I got in to the car I would feel better.

"You look beautiful and this is an event for a good cause." She was right. If there was anything that I should be focused on it be the actual cause of the event. Being able to dress up and have a great night with my sister will just be a plus. We put on our last finishing touches, and made our way outside to the company car. I felt very special as a driver even got out and opened our doors. Once we got into the vehicle we were met with flowers in our seats. We look at each other with very confuse expressions because there was a bouquet for both of us. After sitting down, and the driver pulled off we begin to read the card that accompanied the bouquets.

"Thank you for taking my place tonight, Eric." Jaimie read her card out loud and paused.

"That was sweet." She smiles as she smelled the long stem roses. I didn't want read the card or some other flowers because quite frankly I was pissed. In the days leading up to this I hadn't seen or spoken to somebody that I was supposed to be in a relationship with. This honestly put them into perspective how he felt about me not accompany him to this gala.

"Mari read the card. You can't have this attitude, you did block him." I blocked Eric for a day after a large disagreement we had.

"I'll see you there..." I read the card out loud as she requested. I slid the card back in to its slot and took a breath.

"Don't run from him. You know he will be there..."

"But who will he be there with?" I snapped my neck in her direction. This was the topic of our disagreement. He had the urge to be 100% hands-on when it came to who I would be attending the gala with but I wasn't allowed to even question his intentions.

"Let's just enjoy the ride. I don't need you being a sour puss." Jaimie began scrolling through he phone.

"This is going to be a good night. Free food and liquor..." I said as we got in the high way. We only had about 15 minutes until we got to the venue and the cameras started to flash.

"...And if it is corney we can slide." She started laughing. I didn't want my personal drama to cloud the night. This was our first time getting this dolled up to go to an event like this and we should enjoy it.

The Everlake museum was beautiful on any day but I had never seen it like this. After all of this time working for the company I didn't have a interest in attending a gala but I see I have been missing out.

"Wow." My sister and I said in unison as we walked up the steps and into the tall doors of the museum. The main room was full with people socializing as the main program was set to begin. We were led to our seats when I assumed there was a mistake.