I Don't Know

I sat in my car for a while after the appointment. I couldn't bring myself to walk back in that building just yet and while I was tempted to go home, I stayed. As I sat and waited for the time to pass I had cried to the point that I was out of breath. It may not be the worst thing even if I have Aden and Eric has Gia. We love each other and people who love each other have kids. Plus it could be completely different if neither of us had children but that isn't the case.

Get it the hell together

I thought to myself before realizing that I needed to be upstairs soon. I didn't want Eric to think that I had forgotten about his big day.

I dried my tears and put some lotion on my face before getting out of the car. I kept the papers the doctor gave me folded before walking to the elevator. I decided against stopping to see my son because that would only me to cry again. I went straight from the garage to the 20th floor of the building. I took deeper breaths trying to think about how I was going to tell him. I could tell him as soon as he opens the door or maybe takes some time and tell him with a cupcake or something. Then again I wasn't going to be able to do work or wait until we got home to tell Eric that we may be having a baby. I walked normally down the quiet hall way, passing all of the large offices. The hall was a lot different from the other two floors that the floors owed and it was clear that this is where the big guns got things done.

"Hi Taylor." I walked up to Eric's new office trying to remember the reason that I was scheduled to see him.

"Hey Amari. He is expecting you." She said glancing at the door.

"Does his schedule say what it's about?" I asked trying to continue to make it seem like a business meeting was about to take place.

"He had been talking to people all day, mainly about transfers and stuff. Nothing serious." She said assuring me that I was in the clear.

"Ms. Williams." Eric opens the door and checked his watch.

"Thanks." I walked in to the office taking a look around. It was way bigger than his previous one I could tell that couldn't believe it.

"This place looks good on you." I said after he closed the door. I spun around admiring the space and sneaking a peak at his personal bathroom.

"Congratulations baby." I tossed my hands around his neck leaving his hands the space to wrap around my torso.

"I know this isn't how you wanted but I'm still so proud of you."

"Mmm thank you baby. It's been a long day but I swear you just made it better." He began to talk about how he had to fight for Taylor to keep her job and the way his dad wasted no time leaving after the ceremony.

"He wanted me to pick from a list but Taylor does a good job. But all in all I'm the majority share holder on the company." I couldn't tell if he was happy or not but he didn't have a choice.

"But I don't want to talk about me. Change the subject." He brought me in to another hug.

"Your receptionist knows that we are together?" I asked. It dawned on me that when I asked her questions she paid me no mind.

"Im not sure. It's not like you come up here every day." He had a point. Even if she did it wouldn't be hard to prove.

"We will cross tha bridge when we get there." At some point I was going to have to chose between my job and my relationship. At the moment my relationship was going to win and I was going to need to be ok with not working in my full capacity.

"Are you ready for your day to get even longer?" I asked breaking the hug and walking over to his desk I took a seat in his big executive chair.

"It depends because we can go home."