NY to HTX and back

Eric

"I'm surprised you are still here." Yani said as we watched Gia practice with her new team. Once she decided to cheerleading with something that she wanted to stick to, we decided that it will only be worth it if she was on a competitive level. This was the second gym that she went to go practice with and since I was in the area I thought that it would be cool to head out to Jersey.

"Let's act like you didn't know." On top of her seeing me get into a car and drive away into the city, I had already been posted on three of the biggest blogs. Luckily I was photographed alone.

"You're right. Eric Graham being in New York shuts the city down. Do you know that I have an a party in your honor right?" She asked as we watched a group of girls throw our daughter in the air.

"I heard. Never been paid to party before. " I said surprised that we were able to have a conversation.

"I'm surprise you said yes." She responded. According to some it is the easiest way to make money. For me, I have a multi million dollar company with over a hundred thousand employees. If Hadiya and some old friends hadn't talked me in to it I wouldn't have done it.

"I didn't. I first when I got a call I hung up. Then the owner or promoter whatever reached out to Terrence..."

"Terrence?" She asked knowing that I had talked to him in years.

"Exactly. So I'll be there." I said as practice ended and Gia spotted me.

"Ohh." I said as she ran in to me at full speed.

"You stayed." She said as I scooped her up in my arms.

"Just for a little bit." I said before I put her down.

"I have a flight out tomorrow." I said letting her know that I wouldn't be here long.

"Is this gym better than the last one?" Yani asked Gia. Gia took a minute to think.

"Yeah. It's bigger and I like the coach." She said looking at us both.

"If this is the one we can make it happen." I said as the coach approached us.

"I hope you enjoyed practice. We would love to have Gia." She said.

"It's up to her." I said looking at her.

"What do you think mama?" Yani asked.

"If like to start here soon. If I can." She said softly.

"Of course. I am India, the head coach and owner of the gym by the way. It's nice to meet you and great to have you Gia" The coach said before going in to the basics. It was clear that hurts your scheduled affect our visitation schedule. I didn't want to bring it up because I knew how happy she was to have a new gym. I went ahead and put my credit card on file and left it up to Yani's mother to purchase the uniforms. We spent another hour in the gym before the club promoter sent me the final flyer. I had three or four hours to get back into the city change my clothes and head to the spot.

"I have to go baby." I said bending down to kiss my daughter.

I decided to head back to the city to figure out what the hell I was going to wear to this party I was hosting. When I got in the car I unlocked my phone and made sure to bypass my call log to get to my emails. From the looks of it I was supposed to be in the club just after 10 and I was obligated to stay until at least 2am. Just think about it made me cringe but I was already talked in to it.