I got it

Eric

"Yeah she knows. She didn't even have to ask." I said. I still looking out of my office windows and down onto the street as I spoke to Kyle.

"What did she say?" He asked. I thought back to about a 5 months ago to the conversation that Mar and I had in front of her apartment building.

"At the moment she told me to have my fun honestly. She knew that I was in New York and who I was with. I tried to end it..." I said pausing to hear what he was going to say.

"End it?" He asked.

"I'm tired of fighting for it. Things have been better but I can't... I can't stop thinking about Hadiya." I admitted. I found it funny how strong I was when I saw her in California but how weak I was when I went to New York.

"But you love Amari?" He asked.

"I do. She just makes it so hard sometimes. I'm not used to somebody wanting to be with me and then not. Let me rephrase that I'm not used to someone being afraid of being happy." I wasn't sure if I couldn't understand or if she wasn't explaining in enough.

"And it's not because of the babies?" He asked.

"I... it would be...because..." I took a deep breath.

"It would have been hard either way because of Aden..."

"You love that little boy huh?" He asked.

"I do. And I love his mother. I want us to be together but I'm not going to keep going back and forth about it."

"How is she acting?"

"Normal. Like nothing ever happened. She has been re assuring me that she wants this to work. It's back to going to work and acting like we don't know each other but that make shut better. She been fucking the shit out me to." I said making him laugh.

"Nigga what?" He laughed

"The last few months or so she has just really been her old self. Shut has been good. We moving soon..."

"But..." Kyle said finishing my sentence.

"I really want to see Hadiya." I said honestly. The time we spent together really helped me clear my head even though it complicated everything else.

"Don't let wanting to get your dick wet fuck yo what's going on. Y'all are getting to a good place. Y'all are speaking, fucking, finna move, and have two babies. Don't do it. It's not fair to her."

"You are right. I gotta let it go." I said thinking about the date Amari and I had planned today.

"Look do ya dick still jump when you see her? You think about her through the day? Are you happy to see her at the end of the day?"

"Yeah." I said to sum everything up.

"Then focus on that."

"How are you and Shawna? It's been a while since we talked." I said thinking back to him getting a divorce.

"Good. I just love being around my kids . My divorce is finna be finalized in a few." He said promoting me to ask more questions.

"Have you seen Eva?" I asked.

"Only when the lawyers are around for real. I hurt her but it was time to for her to find out. It was all in God's plan." He said taking a deep breath.

"But that's why I say hold it together man. If you have seen a change in y'all's relationship I've the last 2 months then keep it going..."

"It just feels weird. I wanted everything back to normal and it is... but it was really fast. I don't want to get hurt like I was the first time." I couldn't shake the feeling that the ball could drop at any minute.