Take Off

The entire ride to the Airport I remembered Eric's words...

"I'll make it worth your while..." It's been a while since Eric and I have any kind of alone time alone out side late lunches. Hell, it's been a while period.

I made it all the way to the airport with out getting caught in traffic. I followed the mans instructions for getting my car to Huston before getting a sleeping Aden and starting my journey. Traveling with a baby is just as bad as traveling pregnant. I was dreading going through security with this carrier.

Finally we arrived at the security terminals Aden was fascinated with all the sounds. He tried so hard ti get out and look around but He was still strapped in. It was going to take a while for me to get to the machines do I scrolled through my phone. Mid scroll a call came through "Eric😌💘". I was honestly hesitant to answer but I did anyway.

"Did you make it on time." His voice came through as I inched closer to the front.
"Yeah we are going through security and stuff now."

"You and lil man be safe. I'll see you tomorrow." I didn't have any feelings for him until now. Eric was just a bonus when it came to going to work. I didn't plan on starting anything with him; I barely spoke to him the first six months of me working for the company no matter how much he tried. I refused to be that girl until I ran into him while he picked up his daughter Gia from the same daycare Aden goes to. That's when I developed a soft spot for Eric realizing that we had a couple of things in common. A dinner date here and a lunch date there turned in to a quickie here and there. Or at least that's the story I like to tell.

"Your serious aren't you?" I didn't start working until the next Monday and I had a lot to do.

"As a heart attack. I definitely have business in Huston but I'm staying for you."

"Ok Eric." By the end of the short conversation I was ready to go through all of the drama of airport security.

Aden was a gem when I had to take him out of his carrier. 20 minutes later we were waiting at our gate for our flight. Moving back was both a blessing and a curse but it was my choice. My parents were getting older and I wanted Aden to know his family. My parents and siblings hadn't seen him since he was born and I felt terrible. Leaving for college opened a new door for me that I didn't want to close but I'm older now.

I made sure Aden and his diaper were fresh before we got in the plane. All of the flight attendants treated him like he was the first little baby they had ever seen. They happily checked is carrier along with the other strollers in to baggage. We sat down and he fell asleep right in my arms arms. Thank god, I didn't want to be that lady with the crazy baby on the plane. Even through take off he was sound asleep.

-Hours later-

I am going to kill Andrew if he isn't  outside of the airport but the time I got all of my bags and Aden's car seat.

"Dang little sister your head is still humongous." He said walking up on me while I came out of the airport.

"Let me see my nephew." He grabbed him out of my ya hands bouncing him up and down.

"Hello to you too Drew." I made presence known.
"Awww come here." He opened his other arm pulling me in to a hug.

"Did you miss me." I asked him as he opened the car door for me to get the baby situated.

"Of course I did Mari and so did mommy so get in the car." He rushed me.

"We have to go and pick up my keys first." The office would be closing soon and I refused to have to stay anywhere else.

"Your moving in the same complex as Jaimie?" Jaimie was one of our fathers kids. Her mother never really let her come around us until she got older.

"Yep" I shook my head as he pulled off. With his crazy driving I knew he would get us there just in time. Once he hit the free way we were golden.

When we got to the office I made sure to take Aden with me. This trip made me realize I really have the best baby ever. Not a tear shed out side of the dirty diaper cry. He laid his head on my shoulder as I got him out of his car seat.

"Amari I thought you changed your mind." Jaimie worked in the leasing office which made my move a dream. She was working on breaking in to real estate world so her helping me out just added to her work experience.

"Girl I made the mistake of bringing Aden in to the office with me when I said my good byes and stayed and stayed a half hour longer than I was supposed to

"Girl I made the mistake of bringing Aden in to the office with me when I said my good byes and stayed and stayed a half hour longer than I was supposed to."  My baby faced sister opened the door. I was the only one who had a relationship with Jaimie. My three brothers we're never interested in getting to know her. In my eyes she is my sister no matter what.

"Well I'm glad you made it." She came from around the desk and hugged me and the baby.

"He got so big. I was in Atlanta 2 months ago." She wiggled his hand.

"I know. He is growing too fast."
"Well as soon as you sigh your paper work you and big man can head over to 1127 unit 204." I almost snatched her hand off to get to the pen.

"Congratulations." Jaimie handed me the keys and showed Drew and I to the building. It was very similar to my old place just slightly bigger. I handed Aden to his uncle when my arms got weak.
"Your washer and dryer are in the the
closet down the hall and the balcony doors are a little tricky so the place may need a little baby proofing." She has done so much for me.

"Thank you Jaimie." I didn't know what else to say.

"Oh girl it's not a problem. Couldn't have you out her with my little baby homeless and you came around just when the new buildings opened."
"Just like Mari to luck up like that." Drew interjected. I looked up and he had Aden on his shoulders.
"Let me show you the master bedroom." I followed her to throw the apartment as she pointed out the amenities of the building.
"Drew look in his bag and feed him. Can you handle that?" In called from the hall. Both rooms were perfect sizes especially the room for Aden.
"The movers will be here by tomorrow morning for sure and so will my car." I went through my mental check list one more time.
"We'll just let me know if you need anything." Jaimie hugged me before taking off.
Now that I had my keys it was time to go see my mama. She had no idea that I was back let alone moving back with Aden.
"Ready?" I found Drew actually doing what I asked and by the looks of it Aden had no complaints.
"Yep." I locked up our new beginning and headed back outside.
"It's about time you learn how this car seat works." He was already in love with the baby and this was the first of many trip they would take together.
"As his favorite uncle I think your right." Drew listened actively as I started my lesson.
••
What do you think so far?
Please Keep Reading
-NL✨