Everything

"Oh really?" I sat across the table looking at X for the first time since Aden was born. Our son was almost 2 and all I revived from him was a few weak ass text messages.

"I swear. I love you." I laughed in his face. I checked my phone to see how much time I had wasted. I took a sip of my wine considering getting something a hell of a whole lot stronger.

"Why? Like how am I supposed to believe that shit?" He clinched his jaw. Now he knows I wasn't going to just fall at his feet. It was going to be easy like in undergrad.

"You think I would come to Texas in between games if I didn't? I want us to be a real family..." I threw my hand up making him stop speaking. I sank down in my chair to get my thought together.

"Isn't that what you told that model chick? Yeah I, just like the rest of Twitter, saw the tweet and the retweet." I responded.

"Stop with the bullshit. You would know what it meant to be a family if it came and spit in your face." I tried to not make a commotion in this good restaurant but my patient was being tested.

"I haven't asked you for shit nor have you ever tried to give shit to my son so excuse me if I'm triggered by your new outlook on life." I thought about grabbing my keys, throwing a drink, and getting the hell out of here. As soon as I reached for the keys he snatched them off of the table.

"You don't think I know I fucked up?"

"No. I dont think you know. I know for a fact you're stupid ass don't know what it feels like to see the father of your child on television and social media with a new bitch every single day while you work your as off every day. You think them bitches care about you? The only reason I know your last name is because it's on the back that raggedy ass jersey." I was all warmed up and ready to take as many shots as possible. I have had this weight in my shoulders and I now have the chance to get it off. My back was now at a 90 degree angel ready for his pussy ass response.

"I didn't know you were hurting like that." He opened his eyes.

"You would have never known." I shrugged my shoulders. The truth is he never asked.

"I didn't kiss your ass like everyone else and I'm good with that. The game got to your head and you couldn't take it." A part if me wanted to drop a few tears but I refused to let him see me vulnerable. There was no way in hell I was going to let him know an ounce of me still cared.

"I admit that. I want to do more for my son and for you if you just let me try." He extended his arm across the table and adjusted my head so I was looking at him.

"Excuse me." I stopped a waiter.

"A shot of Hennessy please." The young man scurried away.

"I have someone that's doing more for your son and a whole lot more for me." He cane back with the shot which I took straight to the head.

"A whole lot more for you huh? You got that Eric nigga taking care my son?" He asked.

"X dont get it confused. I take care of my son however, Eric is definitely their when no one else is." I cleared the fog up for him a bit. He shook his head.

"And for you?" He continued asking questions.

"A whole lot more." I shot back.

"So... you and dude..."

"X don't pull that shit. What the fuck was I supposed to do? Wait to see if you would come to your senses or complete for you attention?" Memories of long nights and elaborate lies came flooding back. I used to sit in my room pregnant and alone while the draft pick was out getting his dick sucked by any and everything.