New York

*FLASHBACK CHAPTER*

"You have a message." The reception said as I walked down the hall. Once I stopped she handed me the a slip of paper and gave me some background on the caller.

"Thank you Ms. Tina." I said walking through the office in my way to my car and running directly in to Amari. I could tell the she was surprised that I was in Atlanta.

"I'll take it in my office." I said looking at her the entire time.

"I have an appointment so I'll tell you when I bet back from lunch Amari." She said grabbing her things.

"Cool" Amari said, a little shook as Ms. Tina left.

"Where you going to tell me you were in town?" She asked walking down the jell towards the copy room that also happened to be in the direction of the executive suite.

"I wanted to see that look on your face." I said as I grabbed her waist, pulling her out of the main hallway.

"Eric you can't..." I cut her off kissing her deeply.

"You aren't wearing the necklace I bought you." I had it sent to her house knowing that she wouldn't take it from me.

"It's beautiful, just like the last one, but it's too much. I'll wear it tomorrow just to see you smile." It had been a few months and I had spent $30,000 in diamonds on her.

"I'm only in Atlanta for the day." I told her not knowing the next time I would see her. Amari and I met on accident and I have been stuck on her ever since.

"Just today?" She questioned as I laid my lips in her neck.

"Just today. But if you come see me..."
We stood in a hallway of the office that lead to the cleaning closet. I stepped closer to her as she looked to the right to see if anyone was coming.

"So you want me to fly to New York for the rest of the week?" She allowed me to kiss her as her hands grabbed on to my belt. I put my hands on the wall just so she knew she was in charge.

"Eric I can't go to New York I have a son. His father is..." She stopped herself to say. I knew that her son just turned one it would be hard for me her to get away.

"I really don't want to hear about your baby's daddy right now." We made eye contact. She rolled her eyes.

"We can't stand here all day." She said looking me up and down.

"I stayed in a hotel down town. I know ole boy stays..." She cut me off.

"We aren't together. He is staying there for a little bit." I stepped away.

"It's none of my business." I responded. We may have good chemistry but she wasn't my girl and I had no business telling her who she could have in her crib. I stood with my back against the wall increasing the space between us and the sexual tension.

"Don't be like that." She stepped up, leaning in to a kiss.

"It's a fact. My bad." I said remembering I didn't have any time to spare.

"Are you going to leave knowing you have an attitude?"

"I don't have an attitude. I just wish you could come to New York. Just give me a day." Amari licked her lips consider the idea. She was from the south but I a was born and raised in New York for the most part.

"I'm going to head home early today and I hope you follow me." She said walking away.

••

"When is your flight?" She asked as we waited in the lobby of her apartment building.

"6:00." I replied as I followed her in to the to the elevator.

"I'm sure you flew private so the plane takes off when you get there right?" She asked as we made our way to her door.

"Regardless I want you to come back with me." I walked on when she opened the door. I could tell she had one thing in her mind. I knew I could relive her body's stress but I had no intention in doing so.

"Did you come over here for that or..."

"Both. But I'd rather fuck you on the the 29th floor." I took her in to my arms, making it easier to undress her.

"One day. His grandma will watch him for one day." I let her help me out of my suit jacket as she kissed my lips

"I'll fuck you in New York then." I stopped, whispering to her. Her jaw dropped as I backed up. Honestly, it didn't feet right to have sexual with her in the same place that another man has. I know that homeboy must be smashing her in the regular.

"Wow. It bothers you that he stays here huh? I could say the same about you dicking the model." She nodded her head.

"I will stop when you take me seriously."

"I work for you" She responded, putting her dress back on.

"You work for my father and the model..."

"I'm sorry. We aren't together so i should worry about the model you fuck with up north." She walked away.

"I only want to worry about you. So you let me know when you aren't worried about him. I'm not going to keep fucking you like you are mine knowing that he treats you like..." I wondered if he asked her about where she got the flowers and kewpie had sent here for the last 6 months.

"I'd like that." She said between broke out in to a full blown argument. She turned around allowing me to walk toward her.

"I want whatever we have full time because I'm tired of having sex with you like we are together."

"So come to New York. Bring Aden."

"Ok."