Chapter 8

After the death of Wen Ruohan, the alliance of cultivation clans apparently pillage Nightless Sky. The residence itself is left as a meeting place, with the flag of the Qishan Wen Clan broken.

In the celebration, every sect who participated in the war gets the equal position no matter if it is major sect or a minor one. Everyone in the celebration is enjoying after a long battle for their living.

In between the celebration, Jin Guangshan stands up suddenly and shamelessly said "Since Chief Cultivator Wen Ruohan is died now and the Cultivation world needs the new Chief Cultivator, we should appoint one now and I think I...".

Before he can complete his sentence Nie Mingjue interrupt him and said "I agree with Sect Leader Jin, since Chief Cultivator is necessary for the management of Cultivation world we should appoint one tonight only and I personally think we should appoint Second Young Master Lan since he is a renowned Cultivator who does not discriminate, always help commoners and also he is the one who killed Wen Ruohan".

Almost everyone the hall agree with Sect Leader Nie that Lan Wangji will definately be the best Chief Cultivator although because of his stoic and cold face people normally avoid in talking with him but if someone come asking for his help, he does help everyone without any discrimination.

But on the other hand Sect Leader Jin who had other plans seeing his plan is not going as he thought became restless and looked towards Jin Guangyao for help. Feeling his father's gaze on him, he immediately looked towards him and seeing his face he understands that his father want him to do something about the situation which is not going as he pleases.

So, to please his father Jin Guangyao also stood up from his side and by looking towards Nie Mingjue, he said "Da-ge, I also agree with you that second young master Lan will be the excellent chief Cultivator but don't you think so that the chief Cultivator should be a sect leader since from what I heard the Chief Cultivator is the highest position but if second young master Lan become Chief Cultivator then Sect Leader Lan will have lower place in his own place".

Hearing this Zewu-jun stands up from his seat and said "Jin Guangyao, I really appreciate your concern about my place in my own Sect but I want to assure you that you does not have to worry about it. Since in Lan clan, people does not have upper or lower place according to their positions. In Lan clan, people get their place according to their capability and Wangji is more than capable of holding the position of Chief Cultivator. So, rest assured I'm totally fine with Wangji getting Chief Cultivator position since he deserves it".

Everyone cheers for Sect Leader Lan for having such has a high spirit and wonderful thought and not holding any gauge against his own younger brother for getting Chief Cultivator position.

Jin Guangyao feels sad since Zewu-jun does not call him a'yao like he used to call him and even cut his words in making his brother Chief Cultivator. He thought Zewu-jun will also agree with him but not only he didn't agree but also he support his brother but not him.

At the end of the night, Lan Wangji is declared the Chief Cultivator temporarily before they do the proper ceremony for this matter.