Chapter 23

After laying Yi Fei in the bed, Wei Wuxian came out of the room and asks a man who is currently standing at main door of the house "can you tell me what happened to Liu Haikuan, who did this to him?". He man sighs before replying "he always went outside the village for his work and always come back before the evening but yesterday even after midnight he did not come back. Since Yi Fei is pregnant, Liu Haikuan asked us to take care of her during his absense. I live with my wife next door, when Liu Haikuan did not come back Yi Fei come to my house in midnight and knocks the door. Since it was midnight, me and my wife was already fall asleep, and by hearing the door knocks we wake up and open the door where we see Yi Fei who was not looking very well.

We take her inside our house and then ask her what happened, she told us that Liu Haikuan who always comes back before evening is still not back even after midnight. I also became worry and after talking few more people from village we went to search for him on the same path from where he goes out and in the middle of the path we saw him lying on the road. He had a deep cut on his neck and his belongings weren't there, he was already died when we reach there. After searching more we found two thugs who had the belongings of Liu Haikuan, we immediately captured them and kill them.

Wei Wuxian blood starts boiling hearing his brother-in-law was killed by some thugs but since he couldn't do anything about he thanked the man. After the death ceremony, Wei Wuxian asks Yi Fei to come with him and live in her father's house and she agrees, since she needs someone to take care of her due to her being 6 month pregnant. They start living in the Wang Zhuocheng's house peacefully. The whole village helps Wei Wuxian in taking care of Yi Fei since he did not know what a pregnant women needs and how to take care of one.

Wei Wuxian spend time with Yi Fei more and more so that she does not feel left-out or lonely. Within a year, her father and husband are both died and now she has only her unborn child and Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian told her that she did not need to do any work and all she needs to do is rest and take care of herself and her child. Everything went well for next 3 months and now Yi Fei is 9 month pregnant. Wei Wuxian did not want to take any risk so he ask a lady from the village to stay with Yi Fei when Wei Wuxian is at work and if something happens then immediately inform him.

One day, Yi Fei is very moody and ask Wei Wuxian to stay with her and spend time with her. Wei Wuxian does not want to say no to her and make her sad so he said yes and ask someone to inform the workers on the field then he will not be able to come to the fields today. Wei Wuxian spends the whole morning with her, and also make her some dishes for lunch which they eat togethe. After lunch Wei Wuxian take Yi Fei to her room so that she can have some rest and after making sure she falls asleep, he came out of her room and sit in the hall.

5 minutes sitting in the hall, he start hearing the screams of Yi Fei, he immediately flew towards her room and saw her sitting on her bed, her hand is on her baby bump. Wei Wuxian goes to her side and ask her "what happened, Yi Fei?", "Brother Wang, I think it's time, call the doctor! The child is coming " Yi Fei said between her scream. For a second, Wei Wuxian stay where he was having horror on his face before he came back to his sense and immediately went to call the doctor.

In few minutes, Wei Wuxian came with the doctor and doctor check on Yi Fei and said "the child is coming, you wait outside " and after throwing Wei Wuxian outside, she close the door. Wei Wuxian wait in the hall for almost an hour where he can hear the screams of Yi Fei which is getting louder and louder as time passes. Finally, after an hour the screams stop and the doctor came out of the room smiling and said "congratulations, it's a boy and both mother and child are healthy". " Can I go in now?"Wei Wuxian asks. " Sure, but Yi Fei needs rest since she is tired so do not disturb her"doctor replies. After sending off the doctor, Wei Wuxian enters in Yi Fei rooms saw her sitting on the bed and child is in her arms.

When Yi Fei hears someone entering her room and see Wei Wuxian, she smiles and said " see brother Wang, he is so adorable". Wei Wuxian come inside and see the child and smiles " yes, he is just like her mother"Wei Wuxian said before smiling brightly. Yi Fei smiles and said " do you want to take him in your arms ". Wei Wuxian immediately replies " yes". Yi Fei laughs lightning seeing Wei Wuxian immediate reaction and gives her son to Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian starts making faces and talking to him like he is understanding everything Wei Wuxian is telling him. In between his interaction with the child, Wei Wuxian asks " Yi Fei, what is his name ?".

Yi Fei smiles sadly and replies "Liu Haikuan used to said that if the child is a boy then he will name Liu Yuan, taking Y from my name and UAN from his name." Wei Wuxian also smiles sadly and said "so, it's decided, the child name is Liu Yuan and I will call him a'yuan "before he smiles brightly. Yi Fei also smiles and said " a'yuan it is then ". Since Yi Fei was tired so she falls asleep after some time and Wei Wuxian take care of a'yuan.

Wei Wuxian is very happy today since the become an uncle today. He plays and take care of a'yuan the whole day and let Yi Fei have her rest. At night, he wake Yi Fei so that she can eat something, after eating her dinner she also feeds the a'yuan. Wei Wuxian can see that she is still tired and he told her to sleep and he will take care of a'yuan in night too and take him in his room. He stay awake the whole night, and take care of a'yuan so that he will not cry and wake Yi Fei and Yi Fei can sleep in peace.