Chapter 9

After a week, ceremony took place in GusuLan sect and Lan Wangji is declared the new Chief Cultivator of the Cultivation world. The ceremony itself become a great gossip topic in the commoners as well as in the Cultivators.

Everyone is talking about how grand the ceremony was and how handsome his Excellency was looking in the ceremony.

Wei Wuxian heard that news about the war, how his Lan Zhan killed Wen Ruohan and now become the new his Excellency of the Cultivation world when he was serving a customer who was gossiping with his partner about the battle between the Wen sects and other Cultivation sects and about the ceremony organized for officially making the new Chief Cultivator of the Cultivation world.

He is currently lying on the bed thinking about what he heard during his working hours and feels very thankful towards his employer for giving him a room for a sect so that he can rest for a night since he have to again start his journey tomorrow.

He is very happy for his friend Lan Zhan for achieving what he deserves but feels a little sad that he will not be able to saw his friend ever again.

He misses those days in cloud recesses when he always try to find ways to communicate with his Lan Zhan and try to get reaction from him. He sometimes feels that he got obsessed when he first saw the reaction on that cold face so he tries everything to get more of those types of reactions from him.

He also misses him shidi and shijie but he knows better that if he goes their he will become a disappointment and burden on him. And now since he also knows how to use Demonic Cultivation, if people get to know about that they will think him as Wen Ruohan and at the end will kill him.

Having so much in his mind, he falls asleep because of the tiresome day. Next day he wakes up early and starts his journey. This time he have more money then last time so he is able to continue his journey for 5 days having small breaks here and there and reach a small secluded village far away from the Cultivation world.

He starts to live his new life as commoner in this village called Wuyuan. The village does not have many than 50 people and they does not have much of a contact with the outside world. The villagers also does not know much about Cultivator or Cultivation world.

Now that he finds the perfect village for him to live for the rest of his life, all he needs now is a place to live and have to find work to do. First day he notices people here mostly do farming for their living. He think about it and goes to a farmer who is currently sitting near his farm field watching over the workers who are working in the fields.

He said "Greetings master, I was a traveller and decides to stay in the village for forever but for living I need money, can I work in your fields? I will work really hard and will be as you will say so please appoint me".

The owner of the field is an old man maybe in his 60's saw Wei Wuxian and after thinking for few minutes he replies, "you looks young,I do not mind having another hand but I want to know where are you living in the village".

Wei Wuxian looks into the eyes of the old man and answers him truthfully "Currently I have no place to live but after having some money I will make me own house in the village". Hearing the answer, the old man laughs loudly and said "so, you have no place to live and since you looks like you really like our village so I will let you live in my house for now as it is big enough and after you have your money you can have make your own. By the way, I forgot to ask you your name, what is your name again?"

Wei Wuxian hesitates but replies "this humble's name is Wangxian and thank you for giving me a place to live, I will forever be grateful of your kindness" and smiles brightly. After discussing everything, the old man takes him to his house and shows him his room so that he can have some rest.