Chapter 63

When Lan Wangji pull Wei Wuxian away from Wen Ning and took him in a room, Wen siblings and Nie Huaisang doesn't understand what happened. They look at each other quiet confuse with Lan Wangji's behavior as they never saw him getting close to anyone. And here not only he is getting close but also took him in a room close the door behind him.

Nie Huaisang and Wen Ning felt a Déjà-vu as they remember when Lan Wangji first saw Wei Wuxian in the meeting hall, he did the same thing. They did had an idea that Wei Wuxian is very important to Lan Wangji as he was the first person who ever get friendly with him even when he give him a cold shoulder.

They decide to wait for them to came out and decide to have some tea in the mean time. After half an hour, the door of the room in where Lan Wangji took Wei Wuxian opens and first Wei Wuxian came out whose whole face is red and lips are slightly bruised and behind him Lan Wangji came out who is looking normal but his lips are also bruised. seeing the condition of both of them, all other three do understand what happened in the room and the first question came to their mind is , 'Is Lan Wangji likes Wei Wuxian more than just a friend?'.

Before they could ask anything Wei Wuxian start speaking, " Let's get back to work, we have to find a way to stop that person from removing the barrier whenever he/she wants to before day after tomorrow".

Although all three of them wants to ask their questions regarding what happened in the room and what Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian feels for each other but they restraint themselves since they have more important work in their hands right now. All 5 of them starts to read the notes which was prepared by Lan Wangji and Nie Huaisang with the help of Wei Wuxian.

Nie Huaisang, " Wei-xiong, what type of barrier is surrounding type Burial Mounds?"

Wei Wuxian think about it as he himself did was there few years old and the time he stay in that places because he wasn't able to remove the barrier as the didn't had his spiritual energy and golden core to remove the barrier otherwise it wouldn't be too hard to him to remove the barrier.

Before Wei Wuxian could reply to the question Nie Huaisang had asked Wen Ning ask another question which he never wanted to answer. Wen Ning," Wei-xiong, how you were able to came out of Burial Mounds after Wen Chao thrown you in?"

Other three also had that question in their mind, but they never asked. And now since Wen Ning finally did ask that question, other three also look at Wei Wuxian expect an answer. Wei Wuxian looks at his friends how are waiting for his answer before he sighs and reply, " As you all know that when Wen Chao thrown me in Burial Mounds, i already loose me golden core so i don't know why but resentment energy didn't really did anything to me. Since i was thrown from quiet a height, when i touch the ground i felt like every single bone in my body broken down. I loose my consciousness the second i touch the ground, i don't know when i regain my consciousness but i felt pain all over my body. When i try to move, the pain increases so i stop moving."

"I was gaining and loosing my consciousness from time to time for many days and as since i can't move, i stay where i was for many days. After many days later, i finally able to move a little but the pain was still their. i had to move to eat and drink something since i didn't eat or drink anything for many days. I search the mounds to find some food and water, i did find some but it was tainted with resentment energy. Since i did not had any other choice, i eat and drink the things i got without thinking much."

"After i eat and drink, i went to find the exit of Burial Mounds to came out of there. but the seconds i try to came out of the Mounds, an invisible barrier stop me from coming out and throw me backwards. I tried a lot of things but since i did not had my golden core, i was not able to use my spiritual energy to remove the barrier. After a lot of failures, i went back inside the Mounds to find something which can help me in coming out of the Mounds."

Lan Wangji starts to feel guilty that he didn't even try to go and search when he find out that Wei Wuxian was thrown in Burial Mounds. He just assume that his Wei Ying must have died in their. If only he had a little more believe in his Wei Ying, his Wei Ying didn't had to go through so much pain. Lan Wangji looks at Wei Wuxian and ask," Is a person with spiritual energy can came out of Burial Mounds?"

Wei Wuxian," Lan Zhan, i am not sure but i think that the resentment energy didn't do anything to me was because i didn't had a golden core which can attract them to me. The resentment energy do attract towards golden core and so if a person who has a golden core, it is possible that he/she could have attract resentment energy and will not able to survive there. So, to answer your question, i don't think so a person with spiritual energy can came out of Burial Mounds alive."

Nie Huaisang," so, Wei-xiong, you only survive because you didn't had any golden core?"

Wei Wuxian," yes".

Wen Qing,"If not the spiritual energy, then how were you able to came out?"

Wei Wuxian," well...".

Lan Wangji," what is it, Wei Ying?"

Wei Wuxian looks down, not wanting to tell that he use a kind of Demonic Cultivation to save himself.

Nie Huaisang," what happened, Wei-xiong? Are you ok?"

Wei Wuxian looks at them before he said," promise me that you won't judge me for my choices !"

All share a worry look not knowing why Wei Wuxian is being uneasy suddenly. But atlast all nodded there head and said, "promise".

Wei Ying sighs and starting telling them," actually when I went back to find something, I found a cave in the Burial Mounds. The cave had nothing but rocks all over as I was going deeper inside the cave. As I reach the end of the cave, I saw a small wooden box lying on the floor in the corner. I reach out, ready to fight anything which will came out of the box. But when I open the box, it has nothing dangerous. It had a book, a bamboo flute and a pair of clothes. "

" When I open the book, I get to know that it's a music manuscript which has a lot of songs and also has describe how a newbie can play a flute. The book also has a song which can help in decreasing the resentment energy and how to pass any barrier without removing it or getting injured by it. So, I decide to use the bamboo flute to teach myself how to play the flute and by using the book I was able to succeed in learning how to play the flute."

Lan Wangji," how long did you stay in Burial Mounds? "

Wei Wuxian," it took me more than 3 months to learn to play the flute perfectly without any mistakes. After that I decrease the resentment energy in Burial Mounds and play the song to pass the barriers and it worked. So, According to me, I think I stay for less than 4 months in Burial Mounds. I came out when the war was still going on".