Chapter 12

After the conference ended and all sects are going back, sect leader Jiang and His Excellency also prepare for their trip to Nie clan to pay a visit to Wen Chao, since they still have no idea where Wei Wuxian is. Firstly they thought that Wei Wuxian was captured by Wen Chao when he was waiting for Jiang Cheng since when Jiang Cheng asked people around where Wei Wuxian was waiting for him, they told him that some Wen soldiers do capture a young man. But after the war, when they check the whole Wen sect, Wei Wuxian was not there.

So, now there only option to find Wei Wuxian is Wen Chao, since he was the last people who saw Wei Wuxian, after that nobody saw him and it is now almost 5 month since Jiang Cheng saw his shixiong. Lan Wangji last saw his Wei Ying when they were alone in the cave where they killed Xuanwu of Slaughter. Lan Wangji still regrets his decision of leaving Wei Wuxian alone in Lotus Pier at that time. If only he was there with him, the things wouldn't turn out to be that way, could have been more better and Wei Wuxian would be here with him.

Leaving Lan clan, Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji ride their swords and reach the Nie sect in 2 hours while their friend Nie Huaisang is waiting for them at the entrance for their welcome. After the pleasantries, they immediately went towards the dungeon of Nie sect where Wen Chao is being held after the war with other prisoners of the war. Following Nie Huaisang for about 5 minute, Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng saw the main gate of the dungeon. They both are mentally preparing themselves for the news they will get about the whereabouts of Wei Wuxian from Wen Chao. In there mind, they both are trying to stay positive that the Wei Wuxian is alright and they will be able to find him. But in the slightest part of their mind, they knew if Wei Wuxian is alright, he would have come to them himself by now but since he is not there is a possibility that they may never be able to see him again.

Putting that slight part of mind aside, they went towards the cell in which Wen Chao is locked. Nie Huaisang opens the open of the cell and let his both friends inside the room where Wen Chao is sitting on the floor. Hearing someone enters his cell, he look towards the door and saw Jiang Cheng, Lan Wangji is standing at the entrance of his cell with Nie Huaisang and all three of them are looking at him with a lot of hate and are ready to kill him if he tries anything.

Jiang Cheng who is looking at the people who killed his parents, destoyed his home and maybe do something with his shixiong takes few steps towards Wen Chao, the Zidian in his hand cracked and he is trying to control his angry before he kill this person who is only key to find his brother. He tries to calm his breathing and after few minutes he is somehow able to control his angry and restrained himself from killing him and starts asking him question for which he is here "Where is Wei Wuxian?" Wen Chao knows that if he didn't answer his questions, Jiang Cheng will kill him right here and nobody will be able to stop him. So, he looks towards other two person in room since he knows that the answer of that question will most definitely make Jiang Cheng kill him without thinking twice so maybe other two will be able to stop Jiang Cheng to kill him. He sighed and after closing his eyes, replies "I throw him in Burial Mounds".

Those 6 words make all 3 of them gasp. They thought a lot of things that Wen Chao would tell them about Wei Wuxian sudden disappear but never even in their darkest horror dreams they thought that they would hear this. At one point they even thought maybe Wen Chao killed Wei Wuxian when could not able to find him in Nightless City. But now what they heard, there do not know what to think anymore. Not a single person is able to came out alive from Burial Mounds for centuries. Now they just lost their last hope of finding Wei Wuxian.

Since Wen Chao is no more needed and Jiang Cheng become more angry then before he asked that question and cracked his Zidian which take a form of rope and surround itself around the Wen Chao neck and next thing he know Wen Chao is died but it does not help Jiang Cheng in reducing his angry so he ask Nie Huaisang about the Wen Xu cell , Jiang Cheng starts walking towards his cell and Lan Wangji and Nie Huaisang quietly follows him and few minutes later he kills Wen Xu same way, then mount him sword fly towards the Lotus Pier without saying anything to other two.

Lan Wangji is still in shock that his Wei Ying is no more in this world. He didn't want to accept that he will not be able to see that beautiful smile, not able to hear his voice calling him, teasing him. He did not want to believe that, he didn't even able to confess his love for him and will never be able too anymore.

He also fly back to GusuLan sect after saying a quick thank-you to Nie Huaisang for helping them. After entering the sect, he directly went towards the jingshi, where he lives alone and did not leave jingshi for a week. Lan Wangji asked Nie Huaisang before leaving to not tell anyone about Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang reassured him that his lips are sealed.

Zewu-jun who is currently sitting in his hanshi with his uncle, having there afternoon tea tells his uncle "uncle, I'm extremely worried about Wangji, he did not leave jingshi after coming back from Nie sect. I'm afraid Wangji gets the information about Young master Wei which is not good. I also heard rumours that sect leader Jiang suddenly became more ruthless than before in the span of a one week. We have to find out what happened to young master Wei to understand the situation so that we can help both sect leader Jiang and Wangji."

Uncle thinks about what his other nephew just said and also think the same " I agree with you Xichen, we have to know what did they find out during their Interrogation with Wen Chao and I think the only person who can tell us about this is Nie Huaisang since he was also there during interrogation." " You are right uncle, I will personally go to young master Nie to understand the situation better and find out what happened to young master Wei which makes Wangji and Sect Leader Jiang this way. I will leave for Nie sect tomorrow morning and will most probably came back till evening"Xichen said. Uncle replies with " hmmm" and start sipping his tea.