Chapter 88

Lan Wangji was about to stand up when Wei Wuxian put his hands in his and stopped him.

Wei Wuxian," Lan Zhan, let grandmaster Lan say whatever he wants to say. Do not break your clans rules for me, please. "

Lan Wangji," But..."

Wei Wuxian," I promise, I will not leave you!"

Lan Wangji looks at Lan Qiren giving him a death glare but did not said anything more other than a small 'hm'.

Wei Wuxian," grandmaster Lan, I know you do not like me even before you met me. Can I know the reason behind your hatred towards me? I don't think so, your hatred towards me has anything to do with my mischievous character or me not from a prominent clans, or me breaking your clans rules!"

Lan Qiren who was already angry because of his nephew's outburst replies with a lot of hate in his voice," I didn't have to meet you to hate you. The moment I get to know that your mother was Sanren Cangse, I knew you have to be like her! Always breaking rules, didn't care about your olders, being mischievous and do not have any consciousness. And as it was not enough now because of you my nephew is also taking side for you and standing against me. He is even want to leave his clan just to be with you!"

Wei Wuxian smiles with a smirk on his face and asks,"Zewu-jun, can I ask you something?"

Lan Xichen," yes, please ask!"

Wei Wuxian," if I do remember correctly there was a rule in your sect that talking bad about the decreased person is prohibited, am I right or not?"

Lan Xichen," yes, you are right!"

Wei Wuxian," so, can I ask why grandmaster Lan never got punishment for talking bad about my mother who leaves this world a long time ago?"

Lan Qiren," YOU...."

Wei Wuxian," what am I wrong, grandmaster Lan? There are other rules too like talking behind someone's back is prohibited, disrespecting someone is prohibited, judging someone without meeting and knowing a person is prohibited, degrading someone because you didn't that person is prohibited, forcing your ideas on someone is prohibited, judge a person on the basis on gossips you hear is prohibited, judging a person on the basis of his/her parents is prohibited, and degrading a person because that person is not belong to any prominent clans is prohibited too!

So what do you say grandmaster Lan? Did you or did you not break these rules which I just recite? Zewu-jun, what are you going to do about this? Aren't you the sect leader, how did you let one person break so many rules and didn't even punish him for that!"

Lan Qiren shouts," Wei Wuxian, do not cross the line!"

Jiang Cheng shouts even louder," OH, SO YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BREAK YOUR CLAN RULES AND IF SOMEONE EVEN POINT THEM OUT THEN YOU WILL SHOUT ON THEM. DID YOU FORGET THAT WEI WUXIAN IS MY BROTHER! HE DID BELONG TO A PROMINENT CLAN! "

Lan Xichen," uncle, sect leader Jiang please calm down. Wei Wuxian, I am sorry that you have to go through uncle's hatred even when you didn't even did anything wrong. And I assure you, uncle will be punished for breaking our sect rules. No one is upper than the clan rules even if it's me! "

Lan Qiren," Xichen, what are you talking about? I didn't break any rules, it's the truth that his mother was like that so I didn't make any assumptions and Nobody can say that he is not like her!"

Lan Xichen," uncle, Wei Wuxian is right! You did break the rules, and for that you will be punished. And about the matter of whether Wei Wuxian will live with us in Cloud Recesses or not, he will live with us. And I assure you sect leader Jiang that he will not be punished for anything he didn't do and also since he is now a common man then if he ever break any rule then his punishment will be decide by Wangji himself. I do think that you do believe that Wangji will never hurt Wei Wuxian ever!"

Jiang Cheng," thankyou sect leader Lan but I want to tell you now only that if I get to know that my brother is bullied by anyone in any way, I will personally take the action and then even your clan will not be able to do anything to stop me. "

Lan Xichen," I accept that!"

Lan Qiren," Xichen, are you crazy! Why are you giving so much leniency to Wei Wuxian? And did you forgot that I am the one who decide what punishment should be given to whosoever breaks the rules in our clan?"

Lan Xichen," uncle, I did not forget! Can you tell me what punishment did you think is suitable for whatever you did for so many years? And for Wei Wuxian, I think it's for the best so that you did not do anything on this part! It can put me in difficult situation if you did anything which is indescribable and I had to take action against you because of that!"

Lan Qiren," Xichen, you will regret it!"

Nie Mingjue who had enough of Lan Qiren's tantrum decide to speak," grandmaster Lan, I think it's best if you let the youth to decide for themselves! You have lived your life, the way you wanted too, now let other decide for themselves. Just because Wei Wuxian's mother did not accepted your proposal, it doesn't mean that you got the free ticket to humiliate or belittle Wei Wuxian! And if you have so much of a problem in letting Wei Wuxian stay in Cloud Recesses then I think it's time for you to go for seclusion."

Jin Zixuan," I also agree with sect leader Nie, Wei Wuxian didn't do anything for you to go to so much extreme to punish him. He can mischievous but he never hurt anyone. And I also think that it is not right to punish him according to sect rules since he is a common man now and those rules doesn't apply on him anymore. Grandmaster Lan, do not forget that Madam Lan is a student of Wei Wuxian and if you try to hurt him in anyway, I don't think Madam Lan will stay quiet. Not only Madam Lan but also Madam Jiang, Madam Nie and Madam Jin as all of them take Wei Wuxian as there didi and will not stay quiet if someone decide to go against him and then not even us will be able to do anything to stop them!"

Wen Qing," grandmaster Lan, it was me who ask Wei Wuxian to think about going to Cloud Recesses since I know that it's not good if Hanguang-Jun decide to leave his sect and starts to live here in Yunmeng. Although I didn't have any problem with them living here, but for your clan sake I asked Wei Wuxian to think about it. But if anything goes wrong then I will be the first one to bring Wei Wuxian back and then I will not think twice that it can damage your clan's image.!"

Jiang Xuan Lu," as sect leader Jin said, Wei gege is my master. Even if he didn't have his golden core to protect himself but that doesn't mean he didn't have me with him. Whosoever decide to go against him, they are directly going against me and I did not show any mercy to the person who go against me!"

Lan Qiren," fine, do whatever you want to do. But do remember my words, you all will regret it!"

And then Lan Qiren stands up amd leave the room.

Wei Wuxian," thank you everyone for your support. I want to assure you all that I will never do anything to break the trust you all show towards me. Again thank you for being here for me!"

Jiang Cheng," Shut up you ideat! We know you can never do anything wrong!"

Lan Xichen," yes, Wei Wuxian we do believe in you."

Jin Zixuan," just do try to not break rules of Lan clan because we will not able to help you when Hanguang Jun will punish you!"

Wei Wuxian looks at Lan Wangji whose ears are crimson red and he immediately understand what kinds of punishment he will be going to face if he break any rules!

Nie Huaisang," ok ok, let's wrap this meeting, we will have to wake up early in the morning for the tomorrow meeting too!"

Everyone nodded their head in yes and starts to leave the rooms to have some rest before the last meeting of discussion conference this year!