Chapter 49

Nie Huaisang,"Thank-you Hanguang-jun, atleast you are sensible enough to not say no to me. Let's go!".

Lan Wangji, "hm".

They went to the markets of Yunmeng city and roam around their for some time, looking here and there on the shops, eating street food, and buying stuff which they find unique and different.

Lan Wangji feels quiet sad that he didn't come here when his Wei Ying invited him and rejected him with cold voice. Now that he is here, he can see why his Wei Ying want to invite him here. The streets of Yunmeng city is so different from the Caiyi town.

Lotus Pier is as other-wordly as the other sect's residences, shutting their doors and refusing to let the commoners come within the boundary miles away. The docks of the Lotus Pier's entrance is bustling with vendors selling seed pods, water chestnuts, and all kinds of pastries.

Yunmeng region has a lot of lakes which are mostly fill with Lotus flowers. It is not quiet as Caiyi town, where people speak very politely, here marketplace is too loud, even when people are simply talking, it feels like they are shouting at each other. It is quiet opposite from his home town. It is bustling with countless vendors and passers-by.

Lan Wangji is looking around when Nie Huaisang said, "let's go towards the Lotus Lakes, Hanguang-jun. I have heard that the lotus lakes are more than thousand miles in length. The wide, verdant leaves and the smooth, pink blossoms brushed shoulders against one another. As the breeze blew over, the petals and the leaves swayed as if they nodded their heads. Amid the purity and grace, one could also feel a naive sense of clumsiness."

Lan Wangji nodded his head and said, "hm".

Both start to walk towards the lakes which are currently filled with Lotus flowers, seed pods and water chestnuts. 10 minutes of walking, now they can smell the sweet smell of lotus flowers which is mixed with the breeze and soothing their minds.

Walking further in the direction of the smell now they can see the lakes filled with little pink colour of lotus flowers, looking so beautiful in the moonlight, it can take away one's breath away. Now they understand why Wei Wuxian always praise the Lotus Pier and also ask them to come here with him.

It was already night when they reach there, so not many were around the lakes. They sit there on the dorks for sometime before it's time for them to went back to their rooms.

Next day, after the breakfast the discussion conference starts in the meeting hall, sects are discussing their issues, the problems they are facing.

Ouyang sect leader stand up and said, "His Excellency, Sect leaders and Young Masters, my OuYang Sect is located in Baling and is relatively very close to Yiling and the Burial Mounds are at the border of Yiling. Recently, we are facing a large amount of ghosts and corpses which are filled with resentful energy and are seen by many people coming from Burial Mounds.

I think the barriers of Burial Mounds are getting weaker due to which the resentment energy is coming out of it in the form of dead corpses and ghosts. We have already killed a lot of them but every night more of them come from their and are killing our people's. Please held us in strengthening the barriers of Burial Mounds to save the world from the resentment energy".

Jiang Cheng," if something like this is happening within the boundaries of Jiang sect, why am I not aware of such a thing?"

OuYang sect leader," forgive me sect Leader Jiang, I told them not to tell you, because at first it start with one or two corpses so i thought we can handle it. But from past week it is getting waste so I thought since the conference is coming in a week I will tell everyone here".

Jiang Cheng," next time something happen within my sect boundaries, do inform me even if it is a few corpses matter. "

Ouyang sect leader," yes, sect leader Jiang".

Jiang Cheng,"and about the matter of Burial Mounds, I think we have to take it seriously, we do not know if the barriers gets weaker after a long time or someone did it purposely. "

Lan Xichen," I think we should send a team of cultivators to check the situation of the barriers and why suddenly it became this weak that the resentment energy coming out of the barriers is increasing day by day. "

Nie Mingjue,"I agree with Xichen and sect leader jiang, it could be possible that someone is doing it purposely to distract us from other thing. We need to stay our guards up, we do not know if we have a traitor within us. And about matter of  strengthening the barriers, who is best in making and breaking barriers? "

Jiang Cheng subconsciously said," Wei Wuxian".

Everyone looks at him, why he suddenly said that name. Lan Wangji is also confuse why Jiang Cheng suddenly say his Wei Ying's name, so he take the initiative and ask," Sect Leader Jiang, why did you call Wei Ying's name suddenly? "

Jiang Cheng suddenly remember what he did, he close his eyes for a second, before opening them and said," my apologies to everyone, when Sect Leader Nie asks who is best in making and breaking the barriers, I subconsciously said Wei Wuxian's name as he was the best in barriers and talisman in our whole sect. "

Lan Wangji suddenly remember the time when he first saw Wei Wuxian in Cloud Recesses, it was past 9 and Cloud Recesses's main gate is closed with a barrier which nobody had ever able to break but Wei Wuxian came in by breaking the barrier and even put it back so that nobody suspect him for it.

Lan Xichen, "what happened Wangji?"

Lan Wangji, "brother, I just remember the time Wei Ying first came inside the Cloud Recesses, it was past 9 and our main gate was secured by barriers but not only he was able to break our barriers which nobody ever able to do but able he put the sme barrier again so that nobody suspect anything".

Jin Zixuan smirks and said," only Wei Wuxian could do such a thing".

Jiang Cheng," that idiot wanted to taste the famous Gusu Emperor's Smile and got caught by Hanguang-jun".

Everyone who knew him personally smiles at that and quietly miss that mischievous person.

Nie Huaisang," Jiang-xiong, if Wei-xiong was best in barriers then is it possible that he read about it somewhere or have some notes he made by himself, which can help us in this situation".

Jiang Cheng think about it for a minute before he replies," I do not know where he reads about it as I never saw any books in our library which has that much details about barriers. But he sure do make notes of the things he invented so that he himself do not forget about it".

Nie Huaisang,"can we see those notes?"