Chapter 28

Three weeks later, everyone gathers in Nie sect, where the wedding ceremony is going to take place between Sect Leader Nie and now former disciple of Jin sect, Lady Luo Qingyang. Nie Huaisang is roaming around checking the last minute preparations and telling the servents if he finds any mistakes. After some time, the couple enters the ancestors hall of Nie sect and take their three bows, first bow is to Heaven and Earth, second is to show respect to the elderly in front of their relatives and the third bow is to each other. After three bows, the marriage is declared complete and the banquet starts. The celebration continues to very late of the night but the couple was sent to their rooms after some time.

Jiang Xuan Lu also come for the wedding ceremony and Lan Xichen and Xuan Lu spend time together during the ceremony and try to get to know each other more before their marriage which is going to happen in 3 weeks. After 9 pm, the people came from Lan clan also goes to there rooms since they have to go to the bed at 9pm according to their clan rules.

A week later, an announcement was made by Jiang sect that Madam Jiang is pregnant. And for the celebration, Jiang sect invite everyone to take a part in their happiness. Right now, it's 8pm and the banquet is still going on but Wangji gets tired and decide to take his leave and went to the room, be is currently occupying. When he is going towards his room, he heard a crying sound coming from a room at the end of the hall, he is standing currently. So, the decide to check if someone is injured or is in any problem and starts walking towards the room.

Now, he is standing at the entrance of the room whose door is slightly open. Since, he does not want to invade the privacy of someone he knocks on door, and in mere second the door opens and the person who opens the door is none other than Wen Ning, who has tears stains on his face. Seeing Wangji at the door, he immediately remove the tears from the back of his hand and with a little smile he asks "His Excellency, is their something I can help you with ?" Wangji shake his hand before saying "I heard the crying sound so decide to check if someone is injured or something. Are you ok? You were crying ". Wen Ning blush due to embarassment before replying "I'm fine His Excellency, it's just that I was missing Young Master Wei so I came to his room ".

Hearing the new information that the room he is seeing currently is his Wei Ying's room, Wangji could help himself before eying the whole room. Wen Ning sees that and ask "would you like to come in, His Excellency?" Wangji nodded and enters the room, and starts seeing the things his Wei Ying had in his room. "Sect Leader Jiang want this room to stay like it as it was when Young Master Wei used to use this room. So, nothing change in this room, just time to time a servent came to clean the room" Wen Ning did not know why but he thought maybe he should tell Wangji about this room.

Wangji nodded his room showing that he heard whatever Wen Ning told him about Wei Ying's room. Wangji could help himself from asking " you seem like you were very close to Wei Ying, but I did not recall you spending time together other than the time when you all came to Cloud Recesses for the classes". Wen Ning smiles sadly before replying " I always admired young master Wei, he never thought of me any less even if my cultivation was very low and also helped me with archery when we were in Cloud Recesses. And he also helped me during the time when we all went to Caiyi town to remove the water ghosts from Biling Lake and I got stuck on the boat.

For others, it may seen like that it's not a big deal but it was for me. He was the first person who helped me other than my family, talk to me without feeling embarrassed. The was like a Big brother to me. I always wanted to help him but couldn't since he didn't need anyone's help in anything until the day Wen Chao came to destroy the Jiang sect. I was in Yiling with my sister when I get the news about the destruction Wen Chao did in Jiang sect, my sister was out for some work so I decide to go to Jiang sect personally to check if someone is still alive. When I reach there, a party was going on since they killed former sect leader Jiang and madam Yu and also able to capture current sect leader jiang. I find everywhere but not able to find an trace about young master Wei and maiden Jiang.

I was trying to find a way so that I could able to take sect leader jiang from here when someone came from nowhere and put a knife on throat and said 'where is Jiang Cheng', I immediately recognise the voice, it was young master Wei so I told him 'young master Wei, it's me Wen Ning and I can help you to take young master Jiang from here' after thinking for few second, he let me go and ask me why did I want to help him since I am also a Wen, I told him 'you helped me, I want to repay you', he nodded his head and I ask him to wait for me at the back gate of Jiang sect and after finding Sect Leader Jiang, I take both of them to Yiling where my sister helped Sect Leader Jiang in his recovery. At that time, we become very close and spend almost 2 months together until sect leader Jiang was well enough to go. It was the last time, we saw young master Wei".

Lan Wangji was dumbfounded after hearing the story, since he never knew about that. Now he think about it, it does make sense, why Jiang Cheng was not in favour of punishing of the Wen people who did not participate in the war and even marry a Wen, even when he lost his parents due to Wens. He nodded his head after absorbing the whole information Wen Ning provide him before asking " why Sect Leader Jiang never told anyone about it ". Wen Ning hesitates after hearing the question and Wangji understand that he is more of the story Wen Ning told him so he ask again "is there anything else, I didn't know about ?".

Wen Ning looks at him before he sigh and then reply "His Excellency, it is a secret but I can tell you if you promise me that you will not tell anyone about it, not even sect leader Lan or Grandmaster Lan". Lan Wangji nodded his head before saying "rest assured, I will not say a word to anyone, not even my brother and uncle". So, Wen Ning starts " actually at that time, Wen Zhuliu was also here with Wen Chao and when Sect Leader Jiang was captured Wen Chao ordered Wen Zhuliu who was also known as core-melting hands to melt the golden core of sect leader jiang." Lan Wangji cuts in and said "but, sect Leader Jiang does have his golden core now, and I heard that if Wen Zhuliu melt someone's core it will never grow again no matter what you do".

"Yes , you are right, and when young master Wei get to know that his shidi does not have the golden core anymore, he asks my sister to provide him every medical book which told about golden core and he try to find something in those books for 3 days and night without any rest. But after he can't find anything even after reading every book 2-3 times , he remembered something. Baoshan Sanren, his grandmother who was only option so he take his brother to her who helped him in mending his golden core and since young master Wei did not want to know anyone about this he asked us to keep this a secret" Wen Ning complete his story with adding a bit of lie since he cannot break the promise he made to young master Wei.