Chapter 51

It did not take long before they see almost 50 corpses and a lot of ghosts are coming towards the barrier from inside the mounds and Nie Huaisang suddenly think of something.

He knows, he will not be much of a help to other Cultivators in killing the corpses and ghosts so he should instead check a theory in the mean time.

He left the main entrance of the Burial Mounds, and walk towards the other part of the bottom of the mounds. No corpses will be able to see him in that part and he extend his hand towards the invisible barrier and wait till the first corpse pass through the barrier.

As the corpse pass the barrier, Nie Huaisang also extend his hand more to touch the barrier and was ready to be thrown backwards but nothing happen. It was like that someone remove the barrier totally. He can pass his hand through the barrier without any problem.

He understands that whosoever is sending the corpses and ghost can remove the barrier without damaging it and can put it back like nothing ever happened. The person behind this whole thing, removes the barrier at the time when the corpses and ghost are coming out of the mounds.

Nie Huaisang is sure that he second all the corpses and ghost are out, the barriers will be as same as the time when they first inspect it. And surely, to prove his theory just after the last ghost exit the mound, he touch the barrier and he feels a force which thrown him backwards.

He stay at the place he was hiding until other Cultivators kill all the corpses and ghost. It took then half an hour to kill every corpses and ghost. After that Nie Huaisang came out from his hiding place and said, "since today work is done, we should head back to the inn to have some rest."

Jin Zixuan, "but what if they came again?"

Lan Xichen," according the reports they only came one time in one night. So I don't think they will come again".

Jiang Cheng," what about the barriers?"

Nie Huaisang," I get the information about the barriers we need. For now, we should have some rest and tomorrow morning we will head back to lotus pier and there I will tell everyone the details about the barriers I get".

They went back to the inn and have some rest in the rooms they have booked earlier. Next day, early in the morning they went back to Lotus Pier and reach there before the breakfast time.

Jiang Cheng told one of his disciples to let everyone who came here for the conference that a meeting is held after the breakfast in the meeting hall. All 7 Cultivators also went back to their rooms and have their breakfast in there rooms only.

After the breakfast, everyone went to the meeting hall to re-continue their conference from where they left yesterday. Everyone is surprise that all the 7 cultivators who went to the Yiling to check the barriers around Burial Mounds are back.

Nie Mingjue take the initiative to ask what other wants to know and said," why all the volunteered cultivators are back from Yiling?"

Lan Xichen," Da-ge, we checked the burial mount's barrier but there was not a single problem with the barrier as the barrier was as intact as it was earlier. "

Sect Leader OuYang," if there is no problem with the barriers then how the ghosts and the corpses are able to surpass the barriers without any problem and are able to came inside the town? "

Jin Zixuan," we also did not understand the problem so we decide to take turns to keep an eye on barriers till sunset. After the sunset we all went there and wait there at the bottom of the mounds to see any changes in the barrier but nothing happen until the midnight".

Sect leader Yao," what happened at midnight?"

Jiang Cheng," There was a little bit of resentment energy when we firstly went to check the barriers and when one of us try to touch it, he feels a force which throw him backward as it should be. But at midnight, we feel that suddenly the resentment energy is getting increase every second as the time passes. And then we saw atleast 50 corpses and a lot of ghost are coming from the mounds towards the barriers. The barrier should have stopped them from passing but it didn't and we have to fight with them. "

Ouyang Minshan," it took us atleast half an hour to finish them all. After we finish killing the corpses and ghosts, the resentment energy also decrease and it become like it was when we firstly reach there. At that time, before we could think of anything Young Master Nie told us that we should head back to have some rest as he gets the information we need about the barriers."

Nie Mingjue," what information did you get about the barriers a'sang?"

Nie Huaisang," Da-ge, as you know that I am not much of a help to other Cultivators when it comes to fight with the corpses and ghosts. But I got a theory in my mind when I see the corpses and ghosts coming towards us, I went to hide where no one can see me and to check my theory I wait for the first corpse to pass the barrier and the second it pass, I extend my hand towards the barrier, ready to feel a force which will throw me backwards, but to my surprise there was no barrier. "

Everyone is shocked hearing that, even the cultivators who went with him didn't knew about it as the barrier is invisible so they can only feel it by touching.

Lan Xichen, " how is that possible a'sang?"

Nie Huaisang, "Er-ge, I also don't know. It was like that someone deliberately remove the barrier for the corpses and ghosts to pass the mounds. To prove this, I also wait till the last ghost pass the mounds and the second last ghost pass the barrier, I try to touch the barrier and I feel a force which throw my away. "

Jin Zixuan," wow! ".

Jiang Cheng," but when we first went there to inspect the barriers you told us that you inspect the barrier without touching them and the barrier are not destroyed in anyway."

Nie Huaisang," and I am still saying that the barriers are not destroyed in any way".

Nie Mingjue," how is it possible?"

Nie Huaisang," it is possible Da-ge, if a person knows how to remove a barrier without damaging it and can put it back as it was like nothing happened".

Jiang Cheng,"young master Nie, do you think that the person who is doing all this is inside the Burial Mounds".

Nie Huaisang," I don't think so, because the precision of the timing of removing the barrier and putting it back, is something that person can only do by seeing it and we did not see anyone on the entrance of Mounds so that person must be outside the mounds. Probably he/she is hiding in the house from where he/she can see the entrance of the mounds without any problem".