Chapter 55

The second those words came out of his mouth, Lan Wangji stops and lifted off him. Wei Wuxian notices that suddenly the weight he was feeling is no more there. He opens his eyes and saw Lan Wangji standing at the corner of the bed and is looking at him. Wei Wuxian can see that the expression on Lan Wangji's faced has changed, now from desperation it convert into a smirk, like he won a war.

Wei Wuxian give him a confuse look before he suddenly remember what he has just done. Lan Wangji just make him call him by his birth name which only Wei Wuxian used to call him by. Wei Wuxian smacked himself internally for being a idiot and prove to Lan Wangji that he is indeed Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian still try and starts, "Young Master, I am sorry for calling you by your birth name but I was desperate...". Lan Wangji cuts him in between and said, "stop it, Wei Ying".

Wei Wuxian sighs knowing too well that it's impossible to fool his Lan Zhan. Wei Wuxian sighs and said, "ok fine, you got me. But I have to say, you change a lot Lan Zhan. When we were in Cloud Recesses, you never liked to touch anyone or to be touched by anyone. And now here you were literally going to fuck me. How did you change so much? When did you become so shameless?". Wei Wuxian adds the last line with a smirk on a face.

Lan Wangji just give a look which says 'Shut up'.

Wei Wuxian laughs loudly before he become serious and looks at Lan Wangji before he said, "Lan Zhan, can you please not tell anyone about me being Wei Wuxian."

Lan Wangji,"why?"

Wei Wuxian," Lan Zhan, even though it is true that I am Wei Wuxian but there is another truth which is why I left the cultivation world. "

Lan Wangji," what is it?"

Wei Wuxian," The truth is... Lan Zhan... I can't yield Suibian anymore. That powerful sword is just a sharp piece of metal in my hands now."

Lan Wangji," what do you mean?"

Wei Wuxian smiles sadly looking down before he said," I... I lost my Golden core Lan Zhan. I didn't have it from the time I came back from the Burial Mounds." A few minute passed but there are still no words from Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan feels like a ton of bricks are crushing his heart. He feels like he can't breathe. He wants this confession to be just a nightmare... Or a joke... But he knows it's not. He knows Wei Ying will never joke about such a serious matter.

Slowly the realisation of what Wei Ying just said, sinked in. When in the meeting hall, Wei Wuxian said that he is a common person and Jin Zixuan also tell that Wen Qing herself check that he has no Spiritual energy or golden core, he thought that Wei Ying used some tricks to stop letting anyone feel his Golden core or spiritual energy.

Wei Wuxian looks up at Lan Wangji expecting to see disappointment in his friend's eyes but what he sees are tears. "Lan Zhan... I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'm sorry that I can't yield the sword again. Please Lan Zhan don't... " He says wiping Lan Zhan's tears.

" How?", Lan Zhan asks after few seconds of silence.

"Wen Zhuliu", Wei Ying lies. Well, it's not exactly a lie, since he was the reason.

"Does it hurt?", Lan Zhan enquires even though he already knows the answer.

"Will you believe me if I said it didn't?", Wei Ying smiles even though his eyes are sad.

"Can it be restored... Your core?", Lan Wangji enquires again.

"No, Lan Zhan", still smiles sadly.

After none of them have spoken for a few seconds Wei Ying finally says while still smiling, a smile that doesn't reach his eyes, "Lan Zhan, I am a mediocre person now".

"No", Lan Zhan says. Wei Ying looks at him confuse," what?"

"Not mediocre... You are Wei Ying". Lan Zhan says as he takes his friend in his arms and hold him for few seconds before letting him go.

"Lan Zhan, you know when I came back from Burial Mounds, I thought what should I do, so I go to near inn and hears the gossips of the cultivation world. For there, I get to know about the war. I was happy that he whole cultivation world came together to take down the Wen sect. I also wanted to help and take my revenge but I knew without my golden core, I will not able to help anyone and eventually will become a burden for everyone.

I roam around here and there for many days until one day when I was working in an inn as a waiter I heard some gossips about how the war against the Wen sect is finally came to an end. And how you bravely killed Wen Ruohan and become the new Chief Cultivator of the cultivation world, I was very happy. For a second, I wanted to run all the way to Gusu to congratulate you, but I stopped myself. I also hear, how Jiang Cheng and shijie are working together to rebuilt the Yunmeng Jiang sect, as it was before and I can see they did a pretty good job.

Anyways, after hearing that everything is going well in the cultivation world, I decide it's time for me it live a life away from the cultivation world like a common person, that I am. I do never wanted to become a burden to Jiang Cheng, shijie or anyone. So I roam from village to village until I reach to a village which is far away from the cultivation world and the people in that village are not much involve with outside world, more or less the cultivation world.

The first day, I roam in the village until I found a farmer Wang Zhuocheng and I ask him if I can work in his field. After some questions, he agreed. He asked him if I have a house to live since I told him I am a traveller, and when I say no, he told me that I can live with him in his house until I have one of my own. I agree and there I met his only daughter Wang Yi Fei..."

Before Wei Ying could complete his story, Lan Zhan interrupt and ask, "your wife?", trying his best not to show his jealousy.

Wei Ying looks at Lan Wangji before he laughs loudly and said,"oh, Lan Zhan! Can I complete my story. I promise you, you will get the answer of your question in the story itself".

Lan Zhan doesn't understand what Wei Ying mean but still nod his head and said, " hm".

Wei Ying continue his story," ok so, my owner had a daughter but since my owner's health was not in good condition, he wanted his only daughter to marry before he dies. "

Lan Zhan suddenly become tense and think the worst situation that maybe Wei Ying had to marry her out of respect. But he thanks his ancestors after he hears the next sentence.

"After living with Yi Fei for some time, I start to think of as my younger sister and she also starts to treat me like his older brother. I also start helping Lord Wang in finding a perfect man for my little sister and we finally find one, Liu Haikuan and they both get married. After a month or so, Lord Wang died and leave everything in my care. Few days later, I got a message that Yi Fei is pregnant, I was very happy, I was going to be an uncle. 6 month later, Liu Haikuan died in an accident so I bring Yi Fei back to her father's house and start to live there. In few months, Yi Fei give birth to his son, a'yuan. We were living a good life until we get to know about Yi Fei's heart disease and we have to come here to meet Wen Qing. "