Chapter 50

Jiang Cheng," I do not know where in his room I can find those notes as he was a messy person, but I will try to find it in evening after the conference but let me warn you even if we find it, I am not sure we will be able to understand it".

Nie Mingjue," why? "

Lan Wangji," Wei Ying's writing was barely legible".

Nie Huaisang, "oh yes, how can I forget. He handwriting was the worst handwriting I had ever seen. I was not able to understand a single word from his notes which he prepared for the exams."

Lan Xichen," Wangji would you be able to understand the handwriting of Young Master Wei?"

Lan Wangji," I can try".

Jiang Cheng," that's all we can do".

After that other matters also get discussed before it was evening time and everyone went back to their rooms to have some rest.

Jiang Cheng went to Wei Wuxian's room to search his notes on barriers. It took him almost 2 hours in finding the notes. He took all the notes about barriers since he did not want to left any detail which might be important in any way.

Next day after breakfast everyone gathers in meeting hall to continue the discussion conference.

Nie Mingjue,"firstly, let's start with the cultivators who is willing to go to Yiling to check the condition of the barriers around Burial Mounds."

Lan Xichen,"Da-ge is right, and I would like start with myself. I volunteer!

Jiang Cheng, "I would also like to go to check the problem since it is somehow affecting my people's."

Jin Zixuan,"I also like to join the cultivators".

Nie Huaisang,"I may not have high Cultivation, but I do know one or two thing about barriers so I also like to go to check the barriers, if anyone does not have any problem.

Lan Wangji,"Young master Nie, it doesn't matter if you have high Cultivation or not, the help you had provide us during Sunshot campaign, Jin Guangyao and Su She incident, Xue Yang incident and many other times, make you better cultivator than many Cultivators who have high Cultivation.

Lan Xichen, "Wangji is right, a'sang. Never consider yourself any less than anyone. "

Jin Zixuan," yes, young master Nie, we are more than thankful for you to join us for the inspection of the barriers around Burial Mounds".

Everyone agree with them and Nie Mingjue feels proud hearing praising words for his younger brother from others.

Other Cultivators also volunteered to join the group from other sects.

Nie Mingjue,"so, the Cultivators who volunteered to go to Yiling to check the barriers around Burial Mounds are Sect Leader Jin, Sect Leader Jiang, Sect Leader Lan, Nie Huaisang, OuYang Minshan, Yao YiLi and He Tingshe."

Nie Huaisang," now that the Cultivators are decided, next thing is about the barrier. Jiang-xiong, were you able to find the notes of Wei-xiong about barriers?"

Jiang Cheng," I was able to find them although, it took me almost 2 hours."

Lan Wangji stands up from his seat and go to Jiang Cheng to get the notes. After taking the notes, he go back to his seat.

Jiang Cheng,"I did try to read them and the thing I get was a headache.

Everyone who knew about Wei Wuxian's handwriting smirks, knowing that Jiang Cheng shouldn't try it as the handwriting only make sense to Wei Wuxian himself.

Lan Xichen, "Wangji, since you are staying here during our inspection of barriers around Burial Mounds, you can use that time to try to understand whatever you can in the notes. "

Wen Ning who is standing beside Jiang Cheng looks at Lan Wangji and said," His Excellency, I would like to help you with the notes if you do not have any problem."

Lan Wangji,"ok".

Nie Huaisang," this is good, more people will help in notes, more information we can get".

Jin Zixuan," I just hope they can understand whatever Wei Wuxian wrote on the notes ".

Lan Xichen smirks and said,"Me too".

Nie Mingjue," ok, so His Excellency and Wen Ning will stay in Lotus Pier and get the information about the barriers from the notes. "

Jiang Cheng," we can leave for Yiling today only, since it's only afternoon now and if we use our swords we will be there in an hour almost."

Jin Zixuan," I agree, who should not wait anymore".

Lan Xichen," I also agree with Sect Leader Jiang".

Nie Mingjue," okay then, we should stop the conference now and everyone can go back to there rooms. The volunteers should go and pack their bags and leave for Yiling within an hour. His Excellency and Wen Ning can start their work after their lunch".

Everyone said," yes, Sect Leader Nie" and leave to their rooms.

Within an hour, all 7 volunteered Cultivators meet at the entrance gate of Lotus Pier and leave for Yiling. As expected it took them an hour to reach Yiling's border where the Burial Mounds are situated.

Firstly they book 7 rooms in an inn which is closest to the border to stay at night. After clean-up a little, all meet at the main gate of the inn and from there they start walk towards the Burial Mounds.

5 minutes of walk, and now they are standing infront of the Burial Mounds. The resentment energy is very powerful, resentful energy is swirling like smoke in the air even when they are still outside the barriers. It is like the resentful energy is calling for them.

Any half-trained cultivator can resist the call of resentful energy, it'll batter against your skin, obscure your vision, but so long as you remain courageous, so long as you don't break, resentful energy will have no hold on you. The only way for resentful energy to enter a cultivator's body is for the cultivator to invite it in.

They were able to resist the calls of resentful energy so they start examining the barriers by touching it, and they were shocked to see that the barriers are still intact as they were before. The cultivator who touch the barrier was forced by an unknown power and was thrown backwards.

They give each other a questioning look as they were asking if the barriers are still intact then how the resentment energy is coming out of it.

Nie Huaisang,"I inspect the barrier without touching them and I can assure you that the barrier are not destroyed in anyway."

Lan Xichen," if the barriers are fine then how the resentful energy is coming out of it? "

Jiang Cheng," sect leader Ouyang said that the corpses and ghost came out of Burial Mounds in night. I think we should wait till the sunset to see if any changes happen in the barriers after sunset. "

Jin Zixuan," I agree with Sect Leader Jiang, for now we should take turns to have an eye on the barriers before the sunset, incase any changes happen before the sunset. "

Nie Huaisang," ok then".

They take turns to keep an eye on the barriers but no changes occur even after sunset. All 7 of them gathers at the bottom of Burial Mounds to check if the barrier have any changes now, but nothing change. They still wait for the night.

At approximately midnight, they are still waiting at the bottom of the mounds when they start feeling that suddenly the resentment energy is getting heavier every second now. They give each other a nod, telling them to get reading if any corpse or ghost came out of the burial mounds.

Nie Huaisang can see that even though the resentment energy suddenly increase but the barriers are still intact as they were when they first came to inspect them in the afternoon. He is very confuse as why the resentment energy suddenly increase in midnight.