Chapter 2: A dismal fate. (Part 3)

Three days in a row. The moment Kyle had laid his head onto the bed and shut his eyes it began. As anxious as he was he thought he wouldn't be able to sleep at all and yet there he was dreaming. Of course it hardly felt like a dream.

She stood on a battlefield, her hair a soft white like pure snow. All around her the earth had been gouged and once tall trees had been snapped to pieces.

"Damn it," her curse left wisps of breath in the air. Armour dented, sword broken and standing amongst the corpses of monsters, she refused to rest. The beasts with their iron like muscles and fur as sharp as blades screamed chaos as they rampaged. "I'm really not in the mood for this!" she stamped her foot and the earth split causing them to fall.

"I'm on it," the voice arrived with the flush of flames that scorched the earth leaving nothing but cinders. "Looks like I made it just in time. Estile are you okay?" the red haired girl asked easily.

Estile frowned, "No I'm not okay! I wasn't meant to be working today and you're late. You were meant to be here an hour ago!"

"Ah sorry," the girl bowed apologetically. "Well at least you stopped them from passing the ridge. If even one of these things made it past, Delsdale would have been destroyed. In other words you saved the day, high five."

The high five was rejected, "Great we saved the day again. You do it enough and it stops feeling so celebratory. What I did miss was Calus' birthday! How am I going to make it up to him?"

"I get that really, I'm missing out as well," the red headed girl showed an understanding smile. "But we can't just leave things like this alone. You know that more than anyone right? 'Be at ease for I am here' you're the one who says that."

"That's only to get the people calm," Estile sighed. "How did Kyle go, did he find the reason why these things suddenly rampaged?" she gestured to the dead beast.

"Not sure. Apparently it was worse over there. He'll be fine though. We don't die so easily after all," she grinned encouragingly. "If we leave now we might just make the end of the party."

"Looking like this?" Estile gestured to herself. "I'm covered in blood and god knows what."

The other girl sniggered and waved her hand, with it the dirt and grime was washed away, "How's that?"

"I still smell."

"Stop being picky. I'll send you over now and go and help Kyle out. Make sure to save us some cake."

"Just come back in one piece," Estile sighed. "I'm beat at the moment so you'll have to do the rest yourselves."

"And that's why you're leaving. Thanks for covering for me."

"No problem, it's what we do," she smiled. "And Karen... I mean it, come back safely."

"You've got it," the red headed girl grinned and held out her hand causing a split in the space beside them. With light steps Estile skipped through and disappeared.

In a sudden the scenery shifted. For Kyle who was witnessing the dream he couldn't help but feel surprised. Since the dreams began they had never moved far before the dream ended but now instead of the broken down woods a large villa came into sight. It wasn't anything grand but had a peaceful atmosphere like a home would. The sun which had been high before was now set and bright lights filled the windows. Estile took a step forward and towards the door. Before she could even knock it swung open and the faces of children sprang alive.