Chapter 22: Closing the distance (Part 2).

Ten minutes later the two stood in the Hero's private training grounds. The open space was the perfect place to move about without anyone interfering. The only problem had been the trip there as Estile couldn't help gaping at everything she saw. Despite having Kyle's memories, seeing was another thing entirely. That and her mannerisms were more feminine than Kyle's causing the attention he already received to increase even more. Lillia couldn't help feel guilty as she knew the rumours of him actually being a girl were going to go up.

Estile rummaged through the assortment of equipment hanging against the walls and after some careful consideration took a plain looking sword and swung it several times, "Not bad. It could use some work but this will do."

"And what is it that you're doing exactly?" Lillia asked mildly intrigued but also worried.

"Hmm? We're sparring aren't we?" Estile waited patiently several paces away.

"We are?"

"Of course!"

"Umm you know I'm the current Hero right? Even without my armour I'd crush you. Kyle's never been much of a swordsman." Lillia looked at Estile dubiously.

Estile however simply smiled, "Well I'm not really Kyle and besides, I'm pretty sure he could actually give you a run for your money. Or are you afraid to fight me? Don't want to lose against what should be just a figment of Kyle's imagination?"

"Hmph," Lillia moved across the grounds and retrieved her own personal sword. "Let's see how good you are then."

The two squared off and for several seconds neither moved. Estile held her sword in a casual stance while Lillia held hers defensively suspicious. Kyle had told her about the Estile in his dreams and how strong she was, combined with the stories she had heard of Kyle when the demons had attacked Elmori, there was enough for her to be careful about. Still she couldn't clear the doubt in her mind as she stared at Estile in Kyle's body. There was no sensation of threat or danger. That was until she leapt forwards.

There was barely enough time for Lillia to react as suddenly Estile was pressing her blade right against her, their two swords creating sparks from the clash. Though surprised Lillia refused to let her get the advantage and stepped aside to parry the blow while releasing a counter. Not even blocking Estile dodged the swing by a hairsbreadth as if goading Lillia to try harder. Another strike and she was forced back leaving skids across the solid earthen floor.

Lillia let out a grimace. It was no longer possible for her to even attempt holding back and soon the two were dancing around each other trying to get the upper hand. Each strike of their blades released a dash of sparks, the sound letting out metallic rings and the force enough to push dust into the air. With every step more and more effort was put into their duel and soon hazy wisps floated from their bodies as the mana within churned to keep up.

A sudden smile and Estile worked past Lillia's guard slapping her chest with the flat side of her sword. The blow caused her to cough in pain and fall several metres back. A solid strike like that on the battlefield would usually mean death but instead of following through Estile stood in place.

"Is that all you've got?" Estile goaded her. "I know swordsmanship isn't your forte so don't worry and come at me for real."

At that moment Lillia stopped seeing herself as fighting Kyle's body but Estile herself, "Don't say you'll regret this later!" Her response was immediate as thick icicles formed and fired from all across the room.