Chapter 35: A repeat. (Part 1)

"There's less here than I expected," Riften said as he looked across the field. On the outskirts of Elleneste's a circular clearing had been bug out and on its edges sat the full encampments of the Hero's Guard along with the Guard of the other cities.

"Well that's because we're the highlight of this incursion," Arvel explained. "Most the people here are just to witness what we can do."

"I'm still not sure if this is a good idea," Kyle frowned. "Yes we could take care of the incursion ourselves but then won't they be relying on us too much? We'll be heading into the fog soon and who knows how long we'll be gone."

"That will come later," Arvel nodded understandingly. "What we need to show the people today is that Heroes exist. That we exist."

Lillia took Kyle's hand and smiled, "Well as long as you have a plan and I get to stick with Kyle I'm good. Though who's going to wear the armour? It's not like any of us need it."

"I guess I'll wear it for old time's sake," Arvel laughed. "Also Estile, Mr Devro needs you to prep. You shouldn't keep him waiting and from what I'm sensing we've only got a few hours till we need to start."

"Right...," Kyle sighed and taking Lillia with him moved through the encampment towards Mr Devro's quite extensive lot of tents. The biggest difference to any other incursion so far would have to be the mass amount of cameras and the accompanying crew. While they had filmed in the last incursion, the team had been quite small in comparison. If it weren't for the tension in the air, the sight could have been easily mistaken for a movie set.

As soon as they entered the area Mr Devro set on him, "Kyle, great you're here! You're costume is ready for you."

"My costume?" he blinked in reply confused.

"Why of course! How else will we tell you apart from all the fighting? You need to be seen but also be seen seriously. It's quite the functional design," he smiled like a giddy child.

Kyle pinched at his uniform, "Wasn't the point to show me fighting like a member of the Hero's Guard?"

"Yes, but we're going for a different angle now."

"What do you mean?"

"'The Birth of a Hero'," Mr Devro waived his hand in the air majestically. "We're scrapping the documentary and making instead a mix between the best of both worlds. A story of passion, of truth and with real life combat!"

"You're making me into a movie?" Kyle frowned.

"Isn't it a great idea!" He grinned, "I actually got the idea from the notebook you gave me, the one that belonged to the child."

"Tai's notebook?"

"That's the one. He had talent," Mr Devro nodded sombrely. "It would have been wonderful to work with him."

Kyle gave in. If in a way Tai's dream could come true by doing this, he'd go for it no matter how embarrassing it may become. "So what exactly do I need to do?"

"Oh don't worry, you're part is mostly the same. Fight the demons while we record you. We've already got your lines from the other day."

"I did think that they were a bit strange.... But what about the acting? I don't really have time for that."

"Again it's all taken care of."