Chapter 28: Fall in. (Part 2)

Lady Marigold was having a rather interesting night. During the day's exploration her crew had found quite a few unique odds and ends which would not only fetch a pretty penny but further solve the mysteries she desired. Better still, none of them had been injured. Between the merry making and sorting of their new goods, the crew were all still wide awake despite being the middle of the night. The lady was no exception and watched over them all like a hawk. While she trusted the lot, she also knew they were a mischievous bunch who were too daring for their own good and would go quite the distance for a good laugh. Of all things however, what she did not expect was a flying machine to arrive. The black armoured ship with wings spread wide like a bird created quite the noise as it landed and the Lady was the first to greet it despite the potential dangers.

Before the door had even fully opened she was in front of the machine and eyeing it with a thirst she hadn't felt in years, "Oh dear I want one." It was only after she caressed the black steel when she turned to those exiting it. "And of course it's you lot that bought it here."

"Lady Marigold," Kyle bowed his head politely.

The older lady pretended to flush, "My Kyle, you certainly are dressing quite nicely these days. Give me some time with your hair and I could make you even more of a star."

"Umm thank you," Kyle replied unsure how to feel about the complement.

"No I should thank you!" the boisterous lady smiled. "And here I thought you didn't get my message."

"Your message?"

"Hmm, is that not why you're here?" she raised her brow. "I called on the usual line but no one answered so I left a message. Then I guess this is a happy coincidence. Though I expect you're the one in need now."

"You could say that," Kyle said. "We have someone injured and if we could, we'd like to talk privately."

"No problem, pull them out." Lillia and Valandus came out with Reina on a stretcher causing Lady Marigold to widen her eyes, "Reina? Oh dear how did this happen?"

Valandus answered, "It's better we go somewhere secure."

"Of course," the Lady immediately began to lead the way and bark orders to her crew as they shuffled around, many of them still in awe of the airship.

Kyle lingered by the ship as one of its occupants still hadn't come out, "Melissa are you coming?"

"Umm yeah," the young women poked her head out hesitantly. Her eyes locked onto Lady Marigold and ensuring that the older lady was not looking her way she stepped from the ship and let the door close.

"Is something wrong?" Kyle had to ask at her obviously shady behaviour.

"Lady Marigold and I have some... 'history'," Melissa began guiltily. "Before I worked for the Hero's Guard, in my wilder days, she and I crossed paths and well, we never really settled what happened."

"Now's a good chance, it can't have been that bad right?"

"Ugh... it was that bad." She shook herself and slapped her cheeks, "But don't worry it was in the past so we're good. Let's do this."

They followed after the group and made it to a large tent that bordered on being a proper building. The inside was clean and well-kept with plenty of equipment and beds. Though no one else occupied any, several trained doctors were on standby.