Chapter 6: What can and can't be done. (Part 4)

(Thursday's part because I'll be away)

With Lillia by his side there was no trouble as she led them back to where he first arrived, even passing by the spot Valandus had told him to wait. Valandus himself was nowhere in sight. Kyle could only hope to pass a message to the driver later. Moving down the nearby stairs levelled them to the main floor of the training ground and where Kyle had spotted Tai before. The boy was still there together with one of female knights who he had been training with. She was a young women probably a year or so older than Kyle and by the stripes on her shoulder not an officer but a Knight of the Hero's Guard. It really was an exception that Kyle had an officer's rank, though it was the lowest.

"You did very well today Special Officer. I look forward to you working with us," from her tone there was a definite tease to her words.

Tai leaned back as the young women purposefully drew closer. It was clear where the power dynamic lied despite his higher rank. "Umm thank you. I hope we get along."

"Indeed," the women smiled entertained by his innocent reaction. "Maybe you and I could have some private session together. I'm sure we could both learn a lot."

"T-that won't be necessary," Tai took a step back. "We Special Officers have our own duties as well so...."

Kyle looked to Lillia to see if she would intervene but from the glimmer in her eyes he could tell she was equally enjoying this. Feeling for the poor boy he stepped forward,

"Special Officer Tai we're here to take you to your next assignment."

Tai immediately flicked his head towards them, "Oh right thanks. Sorry Rin I'll be heading off now."

The young women named Rin giggled, "Till next time. We'll be looking forward it, me especially."

"R-right," Tai quickly fled as Rin walked away with slight spring in her step. As a fifteen year old boy with no experience, he didn't stand much of a chance.

Lillia was quick to tease him, "Your first day and you already managed to pull a girl."

"It's not like that," he shook his head in defence. "She was just trying to help. I did what you told me and tried to show off my strength but as soon as they got me talking...." He flushed embarrassed.

Kyle nodded at his predicament. Appearance wise Tai looked as old as he did but his youthful face made him seem much more his age. The boy however was naturally shy and though he had shown his skills in battle earning their respect, he couldn't handle the conversations that followed. It would take a while before he got used to everything.

"You did well today," Kyle smiled at him warmly. "I saw you sparring and could barely keep up. Trust me, you were cool."

"Ah th-thanks," Tai blushed and avoided his gaze. "Um Mr Kyle why are you here. I thought you had to stay in the garden." Kyle didn't miss his purposeful use of the title Mr. It was probably his own way in convincing himself Kyle was male. Still he replied like it was nothing.

"I'm just having a look around. Valandus guided me here and Lillia is guiding me back."

"I see," Tai nodded. "Thank you for calling out to me before."

"No problem. If you see me in a situation myself, please save me as well," he laughed but was entirely serious.

"Of course!" Tai beat his chest.