Chapter 23: A new adventure. (Part 1)

When Kyle woke up he couldn't help but be surprised. The weight in his chest had practically vanished. It wasn't like the memories were gone but that they weren't so bad anymore. If asked why, he wouldn't be able to explain it other than saying they felt lighter, but the result was clear and as he rose from his bed his lips pulled into a tentative smile. The bigger question was how did he get back to his room? The last thing he could remember was collapsing to the floor in the kitchen. The answer had to be Lillia and realising this, a guilty conscience began to spread within him as he knew she would be worried.

Out from his bed Kyle checked the time and felt relived as it was still morning. Only an hour had passed since he fainted. Just as he was about to leave the room however he noticed something strange in the mirror. He gasped as the visage before him was definitely not what he was wearing before. Pink laced and soft clothed pyjamas. The set of clothes had been gifted to him as a present from the filming crew and it was only after he opened it did he realise that the crew had got his gender wrong. Not wanting to get rid of their good intentions he had hidden it within his cupboard. The fact that he was wearing it now meant that Lillia must have changed him.

A painful cringe echoed in his mind. It was one thing to get changed against his will but now Lillia probably thought he had strange hobbies.... As he glared at the mirror however he had to admit objectively the clothes did suit him... if he were really a girl. To him now it felt like a lie and he shivered, quickly discarding the pyjamas and pulling out his uniform.

Wanting to correct the misunderstanding as soon as possible Kyle made his way quickly to the dining room only to find a pair anxiously awaiting his arrival. Lillia and Maila sat side by side facing the corridor he arrived from.

"G-good morning," Kyle greeted them. "I'm... um sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Maila asked probingly.

"For fainting this morning. I caused you both some trouble," he bowed his head. The two however shared a look before facing him again.

Lillia slowly stood from her seat, "That's okay but how are you feeling?"

Kyle smiled openly, "Actually I feel great." He patted his side, "Though my muscles are a bit sore. I don't remember doing anything rigorous though. Usually I heal pretty quickly but it feels like I must have been hit by a truck."

"Ah right...." Lillia turned her eyes away.

"Right," Kyle stepped into the dining room unsure why the two were looking at him so strangely. A shiver crossed his spine at the possibility Lillia told Maila about his pyjamas. With the two's suspicious gazes, it was like they were silently judging him. "Umm about those... 'clothes' I had. They were a gift. I swear they weren't for me to wear so...."

Maila raised her brow, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh nothing," he quickly tried to save himself as Lillia again averted eye contact. Apparently that not being the reason, he scanned the room. "What happened to all the food I cooked? I could have sworn I set the table as well."

It took a moment before Maila replied, "We already ate that."

"Are the children awake already?" Kyle was surprised. Most of them didn't get up for another half hour.

"No they're still sleeping."

"The two of you ate all that?" he frowned in concern. "That's a bit much. You'll get heart burn."

"No-," Maila hesitated and sighed. "That was two days ago Kyle."

He blinked waiting for the punchline but soon realised that she wasn't joking, "Two days? I've been sleeping for two days? That's-." He was speechless. No wonder he felt so much better but at the same time he had to wonder why he wasn't hungry.