Chapter 32: An end. (Part 1)

Chapter 32: An end.

"Kyle isn't it?" a women wearing the white robe of the Church approached him. She was the one who had healed Maila and from the effort of her ordeal, appeared exhausted.

"Yes?" Kyle turned to her. He had just been preparing to leave and join the others to fight, beside him was Lillia doing the same.

"My name is Eloi. I'm part of the Church council and Maila's mother." From her appearance the women was most likely half elf. Her elven features were sharper than Maila's and her ears significantly longer. "We have heard much about you from Maila. I apologise if my appearance frightens you. I assure we of the Church simply want what is best for everyone."

"Of course and don't worry how you look," Kyle smiled to her. "You remind me of the past. You... you're related to Callus aren't you?"

Eloi widened her eyes, "How do you-."

"You may have heard of me then," he offered his hand to her. "Though my name is Kyle, I was once called Estile."

The women took his hand and burst into tears, holding his fingers to her forehead, "So it really happened. When we saw you, you seemed so similar to the stories of our ancestors."

"I...," Kyle paused. Her reaction was much stronger than he expected. Unsure he took a breath and spoke from his heart, "I'm glad you made it... that some of our children had families and continued to make a life for themselves."

"Yes, but now all we worked towards may end," Eloi let go and faced him determined. "There's another passage to the Sanctum."

"What?" it was Lillia who spoke and close by Pelmont and Raina also perked in their direction.

"I apologise to everyone for not telling you sooner however with all that happened we could not reveal it."

Pelmont frowned, "I understand your concern however why now?"

"Because no matter what happens we shall always trust the Ever-Garden."

"The who?"

Raina patted his arm, "You're a bit out of the loop sir. I will report it after the situation."

His eyes hardened on Kyle but through his own acknowledgement chose to move on, "Then Ms Eloi, what do you suggest we do? This may be our best chance to turn this fight around."

Kyle answered for her, "I'll head into the Sanctum with Lillia. The rest of you help whatever is happening outside."

"Since when do you give orders?" Pelmont glared.

"Then I shall order you in his stead," Eloi turned to him. "Or do you no longer follow our words 1st Officer Pelmont?"

He huffed, "We'll do as you say. But while you discuss, we must continue to act." He raised his sword up high signalling to the surrounding. "Form up." The short rest and news of reinforcements had roused the remaining members of the Hero's Guard and they quickly collected themselves. Before he left Pelmont clasped Kyle's shoulder, "Good luck. You'll need it."

Raina and Melissa stayed behind, "We'll go with you Kyle."

"Then we do not have much time. Please follow me," Eloi gestured to some of the other robed members of the Church who gathered beside her. At the sight of Kyle many of them murmured amongst themselves. One in particular stood boldly beside him.