Epilogue: The Bakery at the end of the street.

Torus was a decent sized frontier town in the old world. Built close to the edge of what was claimed as the wild lands it was a key site for explorers and adventure seekers. Those who wanted to test their mettle, explore the old world and strike it rich from the relics that laid scattered across the lands, they were the majority occupants of Torus. As such they tended to by a rowdy bunch. Far from the portal leading to the civilised world, or so they called it now, the price of land within the town was also quite cheap due to the danger. It was for that exact reason that a trio of hopeful young adults came to call it home.

It was a bit of an awkward spot at the end of a street just off the main road but not too far from the central hub. Surrounded by housing the small bakery was tended by three siblings and had been running for several months now. The bakery "The Sleepy Garden" was mildly successful considering where it was and was building a steady reputation for its delicious baked goods and unique owners. Three siblings each with black hair, one however with a streak of white, and another with a streak of flaxen.

"Phew," Arnold stretched his arms to the roof and breathed satisfied. "We sold pretty well today don't you think?" He took off his baker's hat and revealed the smooth black hair beneath, unconsciously twiddling the streak of flaxen hair that stood from the rest.

"Not bad," Stella replied as she looked at the remaining stock. "Those Aunties from the quarter really like paying you a visit."

"Oh you're one to talk," he huffed back. "I swear every second male who comes by here can't help but ogle you and now they're becoming regulars."

A patter and a pull on Stella's frock caused her to look down. Measuring half her size was a cheeky faced girl with sleek and an almost impossibly dark black hair. Her pupils were the same, unnervingly so as many people couldn't hold her gaze for more than a few second.

Stella patted the girl's head, "Yes El you have your own fans too and they also tend to spend the most."

"That's cause she plays the cute innocent child despite her actual age," Arnold rolled his eyes.

El frowned and jotted on a clipboard she wore at her waist, "Just because you can't, doesn't mean I can't."

"Cheeky as you are smart," Stella pinched El's cheek much to her annoyance. Leaving the girl alone she picked up the money box and took it to the back room to count. With no customers waiting Arnold and El soon joined her as they looked over the day's earnings.

"So that makes our profit just under 300 mid coins," Stella pursed her lips. "It's good especially compared to where we started but we're not going to get anything fancy any time soon."

"What did you expect?" Arnold scoffed. "We're bakers. If you want a big payoff go outside the wall."

Stella flicked him in the forehead, causing him to reel back, "Like you said we're bakers. We'd die out there within the hour. It was dangerous enough to get here." She sighed, "It was cheap though...."

El lifted up her sign, "I like it here. The people are interesting."

"That is true," Stella agreed. "Though Arnold you might need to learn how to fight. I've heard some bad rumours recently."

He laughed, "Let's switch, you'd clearly be better at it than me."

"And what are you insinuating?"