Chapter 22: Closing the distance (Part 3).

"This is...," Estile for not the first time couldn't speak and resorted to staring in complete admiration. While there was a lot that hadn't changed and a lot that had been lost, the small everyday things that Lillia had become used to only proved to astound the other.

"I guess it's pretty cool," Lillia nodded alongside her. "Didn't you have these back then?"

"Not like this," Estile continued to wonder around the parked truck.

The two wore thick clothes to hide their bodies and hair, Estile especially being Kyle had to remain hidden. Rumours of Mr Devro's new work had spread throughout the city and although it was more of a documentary than a movie many fans were eager to watch it. A new perspective on the Hero who was treated almost like a God and staring the Hero's Guard's poster boy only made Kyle's popularity spread even more.

So far they had managed to go undetected and wondered the city streets excitedly. Now at the market, a show of the latest in vehicular technology was being done pulling in quite the crowd.

Estile gazed at the revealed engine with calculative eyes, "To be able to drive something like this with no need of magical talent is something people could only dream of."

"Well it's still a dream for most people," Lillia said so not to make her too excited. "They're expensive to buy and run so most people catch the train or use a normal carriage."

"Oh that's right we should go to the station as well!" Estile clapped her hands. The list of activities continued to grow and there was no stopping her curiosity.

Like that the hours of the day passed by. From place to place they travelled across the city seeing things that Lillia hadn't even experienced herself. Movies, meals, hotspots and attractions. As much as she enjoyed herself Lillia couldn't help but feel odd. She was with Kyle and in any normal situation it would have been a date and she'd be lying if her heart hadn't skipped several beats. In the end she could only keep in mind the best parts and visit them again once Kyle was more himself.

The sun set and the city alight, the two took in the view from on top the mountain. The mass of buildings finely tuned to the streets below and the rest of the world beyond. In the far distance even the wall of fog couldn't be seen.

"It's peaceful," Estile spoke, her words traced with relief but also longing. Her eyes looked out towards the scene but seemed glazed as if looking back on something else. She dangled her legs from the edge of wall they sat upon and smiled, "It's truly amazing how far you've come. Kyle never told you what happened did he?"

"What do you mean?" Lillia turned her head curiously.

"I guess he never had the chance," she sighed and stood up. "I'm going for a run. Don't worry, I'll be back.... It won't take too long."

"Wait where are you heading? I'll come with you-," Lillia went to stand as well but was shocked to see Estile had already taken a step and was now floating in the air. "You can fly?"

"It's not flying," she laughed a bit ashamed. "I never was able to so I had to resort to my own method. You can leave if you want to. I'll catch up later." A single push of her feet and suddenly she was far in the distance.

Lillia slowly sat back down. She had only flown while wearing the Hero's armour and even then there was no way she could keep up. Like Estile had said however it wasn't even half an hour before a gust of wind announced her return. Lillia expected her to sit back down but instead a sudden warmth pressed against her back and tight arms spread around her.