Chapter 36: Breaking through. (Part 2)

"You lied to me," Lillia folded her arms and looked at Kyle dejected.

"We had dinner didn't we?" he replied innocently.

"I was hoping for something much more romantic than hotdogs on the run." She looked up at the wall of fog that towered above them, "So why are we here? I doubt you dragged me all the way here for a sweet kiss under the view, though a girl can hope."

"When I do that it'll be under a much better view," Kyle smiled towards her. His smile however soon faded as he looked at the dense wisps of grey with a stern melancholy. "Lillia he's still alive out there."

"Who is?" she raised her brow but could already feel the pit in her stomach grow.

"Kalvara...," Kyle rubbed his head in a mix of frustration. "I just can't believe that he'd die and if he's alive, he could help us."

"Nope!" Lillia crossed her arms immediately. "The last time you tried to ask for his help he proposed to you. I'm not going to let that happen!"

"Even if he did ask me again I wouldn't, besides as I am now he'd probably be put off. Though I basically look like I used to, I still have parts of me that never changed back."

"Well... I mean- it's not like no one would like those parts...," Lillia blushed slightly unable to look at him. She snapped herself back to being serious, "Regardless I can't let you do that on your own. Nothing good ever happens when you're alone."

"Why do you think I took you with me?" He reached out and held her hand in his. "Lav you never gave up on me. Even when I went too far, you always had faith in me to do better. I need to see if this will work. To see if there's a way through this all and I want you to be there with me."

Lilla's face began to heat up to the extreme, "Okay but you can't leave my side."

"Thank you," Kyle took a deep breath and faced the fog. "We'll just go in a bit and then I'll call to him. If he's truly alive he'll find me."

"Yeah because he's a stalker," Lillia mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Ah nothing!" She cleared her throat, "But wouldn't it be better to have Riften or at least Arvel with us?"

Kyle shook his head, "No, if those two knew what I was going to do they'd definitely try to stop me."

"And I wouldn't?"

"Well you're joining me instead aren't you?"

"Yeah...," she gave in.

Kyle took a silver spun rope from a bag beside him and nailed one end into the ground, "Here tie this around you and don't let it go. This is our lifeline. I got it from Lady Marigold. If nothing happens we'll just follow this back here."

"You promise?" Lillia looked at him intently.

"Of course," he smiled again. The look she gave him was obviously not convinced. "Don't worry I have other plans as well just in case we lose the rope."

"I still think we should have at least taken Riften...."

"I already went through all the trouble of throwing him off the trail with our dinner plan." He waved the idea away.

"Yeah I'm still not happy about that."

"Fine, I promise to do anything with you when we get back," he swore with his hand pressed above his heart.