Chapter 34: Ramifications. (Part 2)

When Kyle opened his eyes he was most surprised by the feeling of comfort that surrounded him. It was his room in the Garden's lodge. The same mattress and blankets, the books placed on the shelves as he put them, the table laid out with papers and the trinkets the children had given him that lined the rest of the room. A quick look around showed that he was alone but his heart wasn't restless and like any normal day would have begun, he swung his legs free from his bed and stood up to prepare for the day. The uniform in his wardrobe felt tighter than usual as it hugged parts of his body that had grown since he last used them. Thankfully however, a fresh set had been laid on his chair and distinctly cut for his now more feminine body. As he held them in front of him he couldn't help but sigh. A single look in the mirror truly showed that there was no going back.

Out in the corridor and approaching the kitchen, Kyle heard a single voice lecturing. It was still the early morning and usually most the children would be sleeping, but with everything as it currently was, he couldn't exactly expect the usual. He peeked around the corner and spotted Lillia and in front of her were the other purple haired children of the Garden. The younger ones, Lana and Tali were barely awake while the older ones, Kara and Mina had stiff expressions. He could guess what their conversation was about. Lillia was awake and had truly become Lav's reincarnation. 95% of what made Lav would be within her with the rest spread across the children.

The actual conversation had Kyle sighing as Lillia spoke sternly, "Now repeat what I said."

They children all replied together, "We will not try anything on Mr Kyle."

"Good!" Lillia nodded happily. "He's mine after all."

"Good morning everyone," Kyle revealed himself from the other end of the kitchen.

"Mr Kyle!" the reaction was instant as leading the charge Kara leapt towards him.

"Hey what did we just talk about!" Lillia quickly followed a few steps behind as the children jumped around him, any aspect of tiredness blown away.

"Mr Kyle you're so pretty now," Tali said, her eyes glowing. "I mean you were always pretty but now you're even more! Can I paint you?"

Lana pulled on his pants, "Are you going to make us breakfast?"

"Yes I'll make breakfast-," a sudden hug pushed him forward as Mina stuck to his side. "I won't be able to though if you hold on like that."

"Hey!" Lillia charged between them, peeling Mina off and fending off Kara before she could do the same.

"Lillia it's okay. They're just children," Kyle laughed.

"No it's not okay," she narrowed her eyes. "They're part me so I know just what they can be like. And Kara is hardly a child anymore."

"No matter what, I love you the most," Kyle leaned forward and boldly pecked a kiss on her cheek. The children's eyes widened in innocent surprise. Lillia herself suddenly went red and slowly curled into a ball. "Umm are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm just overcome with about two thousand years of pent up emotion." She looked at him blushing furiously, "At least give me a warning next time."

He laughed again, "You really are too cute. So since you're all awake, who's helping with breakfast?" There was no response as the children looked away. "I guess it's just me and you Lillia."

As breakfast finished a varied array of visitors came to the Garden. Having been told early to expect the arrival Kyle had made a plentiful amount of food together with Maila. He had promised Riften a meal cooked by himself and hopefully the addition of cuisine would ease the tense conversations that would certainly take place. Aside from Kara, Mitsu and Himila, the rest of the children were taken away to sneak peek an early viewing of one of Mr Devro's works, the man himself present for the talks. Members of the Church Council, Officers of the Hero's Guard, important figures from the other cities and in a section of honour the four from the Ever-Garden. Among the Hero's Guard was an empty seat in remembrance of the Captain.