Chapter 33: A pause. (Part 1)

Chapter 33: A pause.

A white world. That was what Kyle saw as he came to consciousness. He was already standing and as he looked down he saw no shadow or source of light for that matter. It was simply a white expanse and the only thing occupying it was himself.

"Hello there," the voice resounded behind him clearly suggesting that his earlier hypothesis of being alone was wrong. It was a young women wearing a refined traveller's clothes. She was undoubtedly beautiful with large eyes and a fit body. Her expression however was quite stern, and made it seem like she rarely smiled. What caught Kyle's attention the most however was her pure white hair that somehow stood out despite the world around them.

"You're Estile...," Kyle didn't know how to react at seeing her. Though she looked similar the figure of his dreams, at the same time she was quite different.

"Well we're Estile," she gestured not only to the both of them but to Kyle's other side.

"Hi there," a third and seemingly final occupant. This time Kyle was sure who it was. It was the Estile that he knew from his memories and dreams. Compared to the other, she smiled freely and overall much brighter from her appearance to her expression.

"Why am I here?" Kyle asked as the two stood beside each other.

The stern Estile frowned, "To put it simply, you're basically dead."

"What- how could I-."

He was interrupted as the other Estile knocked the first on the head, "Don't put it like that. Kyle you're not dead, or at least not yet. You're dying."

He frowned, "Then that explosion.... Lillia and the Captain, are they okay?"

Even the mirthful Estile paused, "Your Captain..., probably not. Unfortunately we only know what you know. As for Lillia, it's thanks to her that you didn't outright die. She protected you."

"Then she-," Kyle choked not wanting to say the words.

"Maybe.... Thankfully on instinct and your desire to protect her, you absorbed the energy of the bomb, which kind of lead to where we are now."

"In a state of death but not quite all the way there," the stern Estile added. "However due to that, we can actually talk to you."

Kyle managed to calm the emotions that were threatening to get out of hand and spoke, "So where is this?"

"Your soul, the centre of your being and where we all exist." She folded her arms and pointed to the other Estile, "Technically you're just talking to yourself right now."

"And who are you exactly?" Kyle looked at her curiously. "I know Estile, but you seem 'different'." The other Estile laughed.

"Well sorry for being 'different'," she tapped her arm annoyed. "I'm the original Estile. You can probably guess why I'm not as smiley."

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that." Even just partially knowing what she had been through, of course the original wasn't going to be the happiest of people.

"It's okay," she sighed and sat down on nothing.

Curious to how she sat, Kyle tried the same and found that he could, "Umm so where is everyone else?"

"What do you mean?" the other Estile asked as she too sat.

"I mean where are our other lives?"