Chapter 37: The duet of a coward. (Part 1)

As Lillia and Kyle stepped through the fog Arvel and Riften were already waiting for them. Arvel in particular had a stern expression and as they came into range he opened his mouth to unleash his dissatisfaction only to be beaten to the punch.

Lillia strode up to him fingers pointed angrily, "You- Suck!"

"Ah what?" he replied dumbly.

Kyle sniggered, "You called us back at an awkward moment is all. Also save your scolding, I know what we did was reckless but I knew you'd come get us. More importantly, Riften my dear friend, care to come over here?" As Kyle stepped forward the black haired man stepped back.

"Yeah how about no," he held his hands up open and wary.

"Oh? Why? Are you perhaps afraid I'll do something to you?"

He laughed awkwardly, "So I'm assuming you really did meet Kalvara huh. She's got a lovely appearance as a women don't you think?"

"How could you not tell me!?" Kyle glared at him.

"Because you might try kill her," Riften answered from a distance. "Which I assume you didn't."

"I honestly came close but-." He cut himself off and took a deep breath, "I won't hit you. We have a lot to sort out."

"Promise?"

"Yes I promise," Kyle rolled his eyes. "We have our way to find Philius."

Arvel's eyes widened, "You convinced Kalvara to help us?"

"Yes but there are some conditions and other things we need to consider as well. We're going to be busy."

Lillia crossed her arms and mumbled annoyed, "Stupid work always getting in the way." She was however mostly ignored.

*

A strained silence had permeated the air. Though the meeting had only started a minute prior, before the introductions could even take place, the tenuous atmosphere had taken over. Despite it all the environment was pleasant. Outside in near perfect weather, the group of eight sat around a round table beneath the shade of a pagoda. The relatively small garden was beautifully maintained and just went to show the care that Kalvara's people had for their lord.

Valandus, the one most out of place on the table cleared his throat awkwardly, "Umm Ms Kalvara you have a lovely garden."

Kalvara smiled amicably, "Thank you. Though we lack land, I have always believed places like this important to ease the mind. Please enjoy the refreshments. Before that however we should finish our introductions. As you know I am Kalvara, Archdevil and Lord of this world." She looked to Riften who sat beside her.

"Riften, handsome rogue of the Ever-Garden," he smirked.

Arvel who was next didn't let his eyes off Kalvara, "Arvel, the past Hero." It was clear that he had some trepidations about being so close to the Archdevil.

Next was the Church's representative, "Eloi, I am descendent of the Ever-Garden's children and currently Chair of the Church Council. I must say Kalvara, I grew up with stories of your... 'deeds'. You are not what I expected."

The devil laughed, "Well the current me is far from what I once was. Aside from my perpetual beauty and youth, I lack any power so you can rest at ease. Your four heroes here would make short work of me."