Chapter 24: Differing Reality (Part 3)

Kyle stood in front of his room's mirror. Beside it was a picture taken not too long ago of his father and him. The two were posed in aprons revealing most their bodies. It had been a photo shoot for his seventeenth birthday. His father was a full head and a half taller and covered with firm muscle. In comparison, Kyle was lean and looked like he was playing make believe. He could remember always comparing himself to his father's picture. The desire to be like him when he became older. He used to stand in the very spot he was now and inspect himself, to watch for any ounce of muscle that formed beneath his skin. Now with the revelations of the past few minutes Kyle's mind was in turmoil.

Just like back then Kyle undid his clothes, stripping down to the underwear beneath. It had been a long time since he had a good look at his own body, and seeing it now, the difference was clearer than ever. His waist had slimmed giving him an even more feminine appearance, and the 'muscle' that he had hoped was growing on his chest was most likely something else. He touched the budding mounds... they weren't pectorals. A strange sensation echoed within him. A small part was fear, but for the most part it was a surprising acceptance.

"I'm Estile," the statement left his lips and like that his feminine appearance bothered him less. Now he thought about it, he already resembled her and the changes from the past few months had begun to pinch and pull it all the more. A dry laugh escaped into the room. It wasn't easy to accept as Kyle was still definitely male. The appendage between his legs a clear indicator and one which had thankfully not begun to disappear. The problem was what he'd end up as.

Still scrutinising himself, Kyle was not prepared for his room door to be suddenly flung open. On instinct he covered his chest. Lillia who had stormed in immediately gaped and let out a shrill scream at the mostly naked Kyle.

"W-why are you naked!?" she turned and covered her eyes but could still clearly see through the gaps of her fingers.

"W-why did you just barge in!?" Kyle shouted back.

"Because I didn't think you'd be naked!" Lillia's already crumbling expression was beat red. "P-put your clothes back on." With a huff she turned all the way round.

A painful shock resonated in Kyle's chest and slowly he pulled back on his clothes as Lillia squirmed. He let out a hollow breath, "I'm disgusting aren't I?"

"What?" Lillia blinked confused at his sudden statement and let herself face him again.

"I'm a mess," Kyle gestured to his half-dressed self. "Not a women and not a man. I'm an in-between thing and there's no denying it anymore. I still don't know if I'm really Estile or not, but if I am... something definitely went wrong."

"Kyle...."

He stared towards the purple haired girl tenderly and took a deep breath, "I'd understand if you want to... if you want to-." He choked up the last word.

"Want to what?"

"Break up," Kyle sighed heavily. When it came down to it, Lillia thought he was a man and now he wasn't even a women. He couldn't blame her if the mess of gender put her off.

"Break up?" Lillia's skin began to heat for a different reason and she shouted "Break up!? Hell no! I finally got together with you and you're saying we're going to break up!?"

"No- I mean- I'm basically a girl."

"Like I care!" Lillia stomped her foot.

"You weren't disgusted before?"

"Huh?" she looked at him incredulously and then realised. "Because I told you to put on your clothes? That wasn't for my sake but yours! Honestly even now my heart is beating super hard. I mean your- your skin looks so smooth that I just want to rub my face on it!" She let her true desire out all at once, pushing through her embarrassment.

Kyle froze before finally letting out a laugh. With Lillia he really didn't need to worry at all. In the first place with her around he never should have worried to begin with. A step closer and he drew close to her face.

"I really do love you," with those words he planted a kiss on her lips.

The two stuck together for several seconds before Lillia broke away, her breath heavy. She gulped and averted her gaze, "We-we should stop. The stimulus is a bit strong and... your father is downstairs."

Kyle held her still, "I'll let go once I hear the words I want to."

"W-words?" Still stunned it took her a moment to comprehend. "O-Oh. Yeah. I really love you too."

A sudden cough broke from the doorway, "I understand you two are having a moment but we still have a lot to discuss." Kyle's father stood there with a clear smug smirk.

Lillia's embarrassment broke through her last layers of defence and flailing her arms she pushed Kyle away, "I-we... I mean- I-."

"I'll be downstairs," with a wave he returned to where he came.

Kyle finished dressing and gently tapped the still flustered Lillia, "We'll finish this later."

To his words the girl could only gulp, "I'd like that."