Chapter 39: The world at the end of the street. (Part 2)

A world of pitch black. Compared to Estile's world it could be said to be the opposite of hers but standing together with Arvel, she knew the difference between them. The world she stood now truly made hers seem insignificant. The expanding darkness was blank but somehow seemed vibrant, as if in any moment it would burst open and unleash the colours of a brand new world onto them.

"It's been a long time since I've felt so small," Arvel commented uneasily.

"It really puts everything into perspective doesn't it?" Estile chuckled. "This is the power of a true God."

Arvel gazed at the endless darkness with nothing to guide them, "But where do we go from here?"

Estile looked at him with a smirk, "Just like the usual Arvel. We go wherever we're needed."

"And where is that exactly?" he eyed her arms folded.

"I don't know but I think we'll be called soon." Not even a few seconds after did the world react around them. The world moved, the only indication of which the turbulence formed in their own bodies. With no light or shadow to witness from, the endless dark rotated and shifted in unperceivable ways until finally and suddenly the sparks of life appeared. A bedroom in the middle of it all with no walls or ceiling. The room was quite large for a bedroom but compared to the grand space around it, the furniture and setting within seemed empty. Estile and Arvel stood outside of it, able to witness the frozen world within.

An elegant bed with draping pulled back curtains marked its centre piece. The floor a gentle carpet and against what should have been a wall, several cupboards and a desk. The truth of it however was chaos. The carpet was scorched and gouged, the bed missing a large chunk, paper filled with childish drawing and gibberish flung into the air, wooden fragments frozen mid-flight and most importantly, the five figures locked in combat.

Four were incredibly familiar. Each of their faces marred by an intense desperate determination. To them the fate of world truly was upon their shoulders. The grey haired Edgar, his axe like blade held in defence as he protected the women beside him. Sephie with her orange hair sprayed back, one hand supporting Edgar and the other pointed forwards, a spear of light forming at her finger tips. Kyle with his neat brown hair, his orthodox style of fighting had him at the front shield in hand, his sword shattered mid swing as he swung it towards their enemy. Then there was Karen, her blazing red hair alight. She stood opposite of Kyle both hands on a flaming sword of incredible power. It was her inheritance, all her magic combined in one seemingly simple weapon and its target the final being in the room, the Sleeping God. The strange creature stood at the height of an adult, its arms lanky and hands twice the size as a normal man. Eyes of pitch black and with spiralling hair to match. Its mouth was open and screaming towards them. The power of its voice capable to rend steel and shatter their defences as each of the Ever-Garden were being pushed to the limits of their bodies.

"Something isn't right," Estile commented as she gazed into the room from the outside together with Arvel.

"I agree," he nodded and frowned. "I know it's the Sleeping God but why would they attack a child like that?"

"A child?" Estile focused her gaze but could only see the strange creature.

"Ah," Arvel realised and touching Estile's shoulder shared his vision with hers.

In an instant the form of the creature shifted to something much smaller. Its body was similar with arms a little too long and hands too big for its proportions. Its eyes were large, like round opals of black and its hair like before was a frazzled dark mess that splayed all around. The smaller size however changed the story entirely. The terrifying expression of anger it had shown at the intruders was now the terrified countenance of a child. She was screaming for help, clutching onto a small wooden doll as out of nowhere four intruders aimed for her life.