1

"No, three grand and that's my last offer."
You said.

For two hours you've been negotiating with this sales man. He keeps on making the prizes higher of one singular map. Ramses VIII's map to be exact. It's rare like a white crow, and for thousands of years people didn't even thought it existed.

"Three grand? For Ramses' map? Are you a joke?" He asked getting angry.
"I don't have time for this mate. Three grand or nothing. Take it or leave it." You said leaning back on the chair.

The man thought about it. Even if he doesn't agree you'll have all your money left and you can definitely pay for someone else to get it for you. "I suppose you won't negotiate further." He said. You shook your head. "Then it's a deal." He said putting out a hand to shake.

"There's a catch right?" You asked not agreeing yet.
"Damn. You got me. The catch is that we share it. Seventy five- and twenty five percent. What do you say?"

"I'm guessing the twenty five is mine huh."
"Well I provide the map. Your only job is to find it. My job was way harder to even get my hands on this thing." He said waving the rolled up map in front of your face.

"No. I can agree on a fifty-fifty but not that." You said shaking your head. He looked furious. He thought about it a little longer looking at you and the map.

He didn't make a decision for at least 20 minutes. "So? Do we have a deal?" You asked hand out ready to shake.

"Fifty-fifty it is." He said and shook your hand. "But if you trick me.."

"Ow don't worry your round head about it. I wouldn't do anything like that." You said standing up and pat his bald head. You grabbed the map and put the suitcase of money on his table.

You walked out of the tent into the hot Egyptian air.

You were in the middle of nowhere. It was lucky though. You were the most wanted grave robber in the whole world. Or at least where they knew you robbed something.  Funny story how you became that. But they never managed to catch you.

It felt amazing to be a celebrity, maybe not for the most legal reasons but it was one way to get famous.

Father like child. Your dad, Alex Calvin had a history of the same thing. He was the one who robbed King Tutankhamen's tomb for the 3rd time in 1974.

You robbed various graves, crypts, tombs, pyramids even memorials.

Best money you ever got in your life if you were honest. And it was especially funny watching the news. The police trying to figure out who did it without fingerprints was quite hilarious.

You work alone. But when it came to trying to find a grave that has never been discovered you like to act like an archaeologist. If you managed, you get into a team of archaeologists to lead them on. Then last minute, when the crypt is open you simply shoot them.

No witnesses of course. Then when you're done with the raiding you close the crypt up and leave. Easy as that, all the time this tactic worked and you believe it is the easiest way.

You got out of the car and locked it. The hotel you were staying at was next to the desert just on the edge of a town. You walked in the receptionist taking a glimpse of you.

"Morning Mx. What may I help you with?" Asked the lady over the counter. She had an accent but not as noticeable as the other people in Egypt.
"I have a reservation under the name Y/N L/N." You said. Obviously you couldn't use Calvin as a last name. Your father was caught and is still in jail for it. You changed your name 2 years ago to keep it under cover.

"Alright." The lady said. She typed something on the computer the got a key out of the drawer next to her. "Your room is on the fourth floor Mx. L/N. Door 234." She said. You thanked her and walked over to the elevator. You pressed the button and the door opened.

You stepped in and pressed the button with a 4 on it. Before the door closed you saw a man running towards the lift. You put your hand between the two doors so they didn't close. The tall man walked in ducking his head.

"Floor four please." He said.
"That's where I'm heading." You said and let the door close. It was awkward for a second. You looked the man up and down. He had brown hair and round glasses that you were most certain they were fake. He was wearing a white sweater and had a huge suitcase. On the sleeve of the shirt it wrote: 'Egypt Archeological museum staff.' With the museums logo on it.

He sure looked like one of those people who was extremely interested in history.
"Egypt Archeological museum?" You asked completely out of nowhere.
"Oh. Yes." The man said not complicating the answer.
"I'm an Archaeologist as well." You said. "Names Y/N L/N."
"William Gold. Nice to meet you Y/N." He said turning to you to shake your hand. He had a strong grip, you almost flinched when he wrapped his hand around yours. He was like a giant, fucking Skyscraper

"My pleasure." You said and turned back to the door. "What room are you in? We could meet up sometime for a coffee?" You asked as the door opened.
"Room 233. And yours is? If you don't mind me asking."
"What a coincidence mine is 234."
"Then tomorrow morning a coffee in the cafeteria?" William asked while walking down the empty hallway.

"I'm in. Tomorrow morning when? Just to match up with my schedule."
"Nine AM?" He asked stopping in front of his room.
"Yeah. That's a good time. See you then William."

"Oh no call me Wilbur." He said. He opened the door waving at you smiling. You waved back and walked to your own door.

You turned the key and opened the room. It was dark and the AC wasn't working.

But one thing is good for sure. The agency William works at is the one you spotted to help you find Ramses VIII's grave.

Maybe today is lucky.