35

Wilbur put down the tea at the table.

"Okay so, we have a couple missions to go through, James sent over a lot that are out of country. Shall we start with those?" Will asked opening his laptop and typing in his password.

You took the tea from the table and took a sip. "Yeah sure." You said.

"The first thing here is in Cambodia.." He said opening the email. "We'd have to recover a stolen Mayan statue from a strange goatee guy. He's not so tough, but he has big men body guards." He said closing that email and opening another one.

"This one's good, we'd have to hunt down and kill a politician in Saudi, for putting random people in jail and killing them. Basically a terrorist." He said and quickly moved on.

"One in Slovakia.." Will stopped for a second.

"What? What's wrong?" You asked looking at the computer.

"Weird, we already killed this one." He said and scrolled in the email.

"Who?"

"Serial killer. He killed one of our team members." Will scrolled down so you could see the picture. It was a picture of that man you met. Aimee was her name? Under that a list of people they killed. Fucked up guy. You saw pictures of two kids at least, definitely six teenagers, and lots of middle aged people.

"But I met her. How would he be dead?" You asked and put your tea down giving all your focus to Will.

"After you met them, we went to kill him so that they couldn't provoke anyone else. But apparently he survived getting shot to pieces, since he was reported as alive, twenty minutes ago."

"How can they be alive if you killed them." Wilbur thought for a moment. He leaned back and just kept staring at the email not saying a word.

"We sent out a trainee. He probably killed the wrong person." He said.

"Should we take this mission?" You asked.

"Yeah." He said. "I'll send an email to James that this one's taken." Will said and started typing almost instantly.

You leaned back staring forward at the wall.

That guy talked to you once, and it took them a matter of a couple days to send someone to kill him. They weren't playing around with shit that's for sure. Well he is a criminal and they did kill someone from their team, but a 5 minute conversation drove them far enough to kill a guy.

"Alright, I sent it out. Look I'm gonna run down to the store, get some food, do you want to come with me?" Will asked getting ready to get up.

"Can't we just order?" You asked leaning on him.

"No restaurant is open by now. And the store is about to close." Will said.

"I'll stay then." You said. "Also where can I smoke?"

"I don't like smoking in here. No balcony, so downstairs outside." He said getting up.

You stood up with him grabbing your box of cigarettes and a lighter. "Then I'm going down too." You said.

Will smiled and grabbed his jacket. You turned off the light and grabbed your own jacket.

You put it on zipping it up to the middle and dropping the cigarettes and lighter in the pocket, while that, Will opened the door for you.

You walked out and pressed the call button for the elevator. Will locked the door twice and gave you the key. "The little grey thing is what opens the door." He said. "This one's the key." He said and held up a key. You memorized the shape of the key and dropped it in you pocket.

Your mind was running over the images of the victims. Were they really that fucked up? He didn't look like the type of person to do that. Or looks were lying and he was actually just a merciless killer?

The elevator door opened and you stepped in, Wilbur pressing the button to the ground floor.

You stood there for a while without saying a word. But suddenly Wilbur grabbed your hand squeezing it real tight.

Maybe he didn't say it out loud but he definitely meant to say 'i love you'. You squeezed back slightly swaying your joined hands.

As the elevator got down, you two walked out, hands still laced together.

Will opened the door for you. You stepped out, he let go of your hand. "I'll be back in a while." He said.

"Alright." You said smiling at him. He turned and started walking towards the street.

You started for a second before taking out the box of cigarettes.

You took a couple drags before feeling suspiciously like someone's watching you.

Just from the distance. Not to be in your personal space.

But somehow they were still interfering with your train of thought.

You heard a footstep from your left and from reflex, pulled out your gun pointing to the direction of the sound.

You turned your head to face the watcher.

Low and behold, Aimee.

"What is a piece of shit like you doing out here." You said turning your whole body to him now.

"Heard my name being called." He said.

"You little prick." You said turning the safety off. "Where you heading." You asked. They smiled.

"To the airport." She said.

You slowly started walking towards him, still pointing your gun straight at his forehead.

"You could kill me right now." He said.

"Yeah but the victory wouldn't be that enjoyable." You said.

You changed your grip on your gun, hitting him in the head with the handle.

They stumbled back, falling down while holding their head.

"You better be in Slovakia tomorrow." You said.

Aimee just hummed. "You know I was framed. All the people on the list," he winced while getting up. "I didn't kill them."

"That's what a serial killer would say." You said and put your gun back into your waistband. "I think you're a nice guy Aimee. You're just on the wrong side." You said.

"I know. But do I really have a choice?" He said.

You put your cigarette back in your mouth taking a drag and blowing it at him. "Get outta here before I change my mind and actually kill you." You said.

Aimee took a heel turn and walked away still holding his head.

Framed huh.