57

So that happened, you guessed you were dead, but the bright ass lights basically penetrating your eyelids begged to differ.

You slowly opened your eyes, you couldn't see much at first, everything was really blurry. Your ears were still ringing from the explosion, every little movement sounded like an overwhelming amount of noise shoved into your ears.

You blinked a couple times trying to figure where you were and what was happening. As you looked around and adjusted to the environment, you realized you were in the hospital, the Headquarters hospital, meaning you were asleep for quiet a while.

The ringing in your ear got quieter, and you gathered your thoughts. You looked down at your hand, someone was holding it. You trailed the arm up to the face. It was Will. He was without a scratch, smiling at you.

"Hi." He said. You cleared your throat.

"Hi." You smiled back at him. "What day is it?" You asked.

"It's 13 days later." He said. You were out for almost two weeks, that's a record time.

You sighed looking more around the room. Nick was sleeping on Andrew's shoulder, Jack had his head layed in Niki's lap, her head was also leaned on to Andy's shoulder, Joe was sleeping completely separately, arms crossed and head back, snoring quietly.

"How are you?" Will asked.

"How do you think I am?" You asked. "It hurts to breathe." You said.

"You have four broken ribs that's why." Will said.

"And I can't feel my finger." You said looking down at you left hand that Will was holding.

"Your pinky finger?" He asked.

You let go of his hand and looked at yours. "I don't have a finger? Okay great." You said and put your hand down.

It didn't really register yet, everything happened so fast, you remembered very little about being blown into oblivion and you didn't know if that was an advantage or disadvantage in this situation.

"You shouldn't have come in after me." Will said.

"I did save you from being in my position." You said coughing.

"You still shouldn't have." He said.

"I'm not going to apologize, if that's what you're waiting for." You said.

"N/n?" Nick shot up. "You're awake!" Everyone else quickly opened their eyes and got up walking over to your bed, showering you with questions, you couldn't even answer at the moment.

You were tired, confused, hungry and honestly you just wanted to sleep a little more and wake up just to rest some more.

The doctor stepped in the door. "Okay let's give our captain some space." He said. Now that you look at him, he is Dr. Ohlem from that hospital visit Bill had.

You missed those times.

"Your results for the tests came back great, you'll need some time to heal those ribs and that poor finger. It is miracle how you made it out with only those injuries." He said.

"Thanks doc." Will said. "Can you guys give us a minute." He added. Everyone quickly got out of the room and as soon as they closed the door, Will turned to you.

"What you wanna scold me?" You asked.

"I told you to stay behind." He said.

"And I didn't. I'm not obligated to follow your orders." You said.

"You should've followed it. Then you wouldn't be here."

"I'm sorry I saved you. I'm sorry I felt the need to keep my friend and partner alive." You said. "I just woke up man, give me some time to process, then we can argue all you want. Just let me feel your love for a couple more days." You said.

"You're right. I'm sorry. That was unhinged. I'm just worried about you, really." He said.

"Be worried about me in a kind way please. Or is this payback for the time I said we're not friends?" You asked.

"Sort of." He looked up at the clock. "I have to go now, we called Jonathan half an hour ago, he should be here any minute." He said, gave you a kiss on the forehead and left.

Slowly but surely you finally got yourself together, realized what was really happening, and what went wrong-

"Seriously, you are indestructible." Schlatt stepped in.

"Am I going to be left alone in my own thoughts ever?"

"Not while I'm here." He said and sat down.

"I told you I didn't plan on dying." You said.

"How are you?" He asked basically wiping the smile off his face.

"Eh. Could be better, I have four broken ribs, a damaged ego and I'm missing a finger." You said and held your hand up.

"Sick dude, you look like an avatar." He smiled.

"I know right? It's not as cool to think that it was blown off into oblivion when I got smacked in the face by C4 explosives." You said.

"What's up with Wilbur? He looked like shit when he walked out of here." Schlatt asked.

You sighed. "I have no clue what's happening. He's become so distant. I mean not that distant but further away than I thought he'd get. I knew sooner or later he would start pushing me away I just didn't know it was going to be when I need him the most."

"He didn't look so distant, he looks worried as hell. When I got the call that you got blown up, I surely thought the next couple words are going to be 'we're so sorry, we couldn't save them' but that wasn't the case. This was a serious mission, and he thought he lost you." He said. "He's just worried." Schlatt said.

Maybe he was right. Him distancing you away might be from worry, but it could also be something else you didn't think of. And that scared you. You didn't plan on dying, you saved his life, you saved Mark's life. But all was too late because you couldn't save your own.

Well you were alive. Just in a horrible shape. It is kind of cool that you made it out with this much, since the explosion was right in your ass. But Schlatt said it himself, you're indestructible.

"Thanks Schlatt." You said.

"For what?"

"For being here."

"You're welcome. Seriously." He said.

"But can we talk about the chops, didn't I tell you to shave them?"

"I'm not shaving my chops."

"Oh C'mon what if it was my last dying wish?!"

"You're terrible." Even laughing at his jokes hurt.

"Don't make me laugh!" You said, seriously, you were in immense pain every time you laughed.

"Noted." Schlatt said smiling.

You already hated being in the hospital and you just woke up.