31

You rang Schlatt's doorbell and waited for a second.

"Who is it?"

"You can guess." You said. It went silent and then you heard a buzz.

You pushed the door and walked in letting it slam shut behind you.

Schlatt lived a couple blocks away from the headquarters, so driving was unnecessary. But it still took you about half an hour to get there since there was some sort of accident and they didn't let you through until everything was cleared. You walked up the one flight of stairs and pressed the button to the elevator.

9/3 that's what it said on the doorbell. The elevator was all the way up on the 10th, it would probably take about 45 seconds for it to get down. Unless someone takes it down making it about 55-60 seconds.

Why you knew this? No idea. For some reason your dad thought you everything to know about time management in these types of apartment complexes. It was useless, but you had something to think about untill the elevator got down.

You heard the front door open and shut with a loud thud. Footsteps were getting closer, from reflex you put your hand on your gun, eyes locked on the stairs.

As the footsteps got closer, your grip tightened on your weapon, you were ready to draw it anytime.

The person got up the stairs, you let go of your gun and fixed your jacket, so it couldn't be seen.

It was just a guy, quite familiar. He has longish hair, tied into a weird ponytail. But before you could even look at him more the elevator arrived.

You stepped in, the guy after you. You were standing at the buttons so you pressed the 9 button. "What floor?" You asked.

"Fifth." He said. You pressed the button for him.

Now that you thought about it, it was George you went to one school with.

"You live here?" You asked.

"Yeah. I've never seen you though. You don't live here." He said.

"Nope, visiting someone." You said. "I'm Y/N." You added.

"George." He said.

It is him. He looked the same like he did in highschool, but his hair grew and he looked reasonably hotter.

Not surprising, he was that one guy in school that was everyone's girls dream. Even Clay thought he was hot and he wasn't necessarily gay. Just a little gay. Maybe.

The elevator got up to the fifth floor. The doors opened and George stepped out. You gave him a wave that is shyly returned then went to look for his keys.

The doors closed and you were on your way up.

Looking around the small elevator, you noticed a series of ads, for jobs and campaigns, even some telling you to go to work with a bike, though you probably couldn't fit a bike in the elevator if you didn't want it to get stolen. The light was flickering, and there was graffiti on the walls.

It was a rather good looking elevator nonetheless, but it smelled like cigarettes.

You turned your attention to the numbers slowly going up, changing from 7 to 8 then a couple seconds later to 9.

The doors opened and you stepped out looking at the 3 doors on the floor.

One had a flower decoration, with a mat that said 'Wilkommen' German person lived there. They were pretty tidy, the small plants next to the door were cut into perfect shapes. Not sure what kind of plants, but it was cool. Their mat was clean. Probably not many visitors.

The second door was a little dirtier, the mat was dark green and what was written on it couldn't be read from the amount of filth that was on it. There were shoes that looked at least 2 years old, they were probably standing there for a while. The door didn't have any decorations. They must be a really busy person. Maybe Gardner or engineer.

Third door was what you were looking for. Three trash bags at the front, looking like they were filled with beer and various other alcoholic beverages' bottles. No doormat, the doorbell was ripped off and the door looked like it dated back around 1973.

You walked over and knocked on the door waiting for an answer.

You heard faint footsteps and soon the door opened.

Schlatt looked like he seen better days, his hair was long, definitely unwashed for days, he kept his chops that you said to get rid of, and he was not wearing any socks. It's not a problem but it was like 15C° outside, man's was not cold apparently.

"Hello." He said.

"You look horrid. Let me in." You said walking past him into his apartment. It was rather clean. You didn't expect him to be this tidied up, definitely since he was not really the type to clean untill it was piling. "You cleaned just 'cause I was coming?" You asked looking around.

"No." He said.

"Yeah whatever. Let me find the keys." You said and started to dig around your pocket.

"You want a coffee or something?" He asked walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah that'd be great, thanks." You said and took the keys out. You walked after him into the kitchen and sat down at one of the chairs. You also set the keys down on the table.

"So what's up?" He asked while the coffee was brewing.

"Man, this whole gang thing is so complicated. I have so many choices, but it's kinda strange still. I mean I never worked together with anyone without killing them." You said.

"What kind of choices?" Schlatt asked. You explained all of the departments you thought about. He didn't really know what to make of them until he had a thought about them.

"They all kinda sound like something you'd do." He said handing you the cup of coffee.

"I know. That's why it's so hard. I can't choose." You said taking a sip of the coffee. It was perfectly made.

You and Schlatt went out for coffees all the time before school, your parents didn't let him drink coffee so you took him to Starbucks every day. You also made coffee for eachother when your parents were out, he knew what you liked, and you knew what he liked. In return he never told on you when you did something bad in school.

"I think you should just wing it. Whatever comes into your mind when you go back to Marriott. Who said you can't transfer." He said also drinking some of his coffee.

"You right." You sighed. "Probably the best thing to do."

"I'm always right." He said.

"Yeah." You laughed.

Schlatt was right though. Best thing is to just say something that sounds good and transfer if you don't like it. As easy as that.

Hopefully it'll be as easy as that.