11

You arrived at the hospital after at least 3 hours of driving, traffic, and your car shutting down twice.

You got out and locked your car and looked around the area.

It was early afternoon, people were just starting to get busy, but the traffic was irritable. How can so many cars get into one area and be annoying with their loud ass horns and yelling.

Your head was already hurting from the nurse's voice, it just got worse from the heat and the cars.

The hospital didn't look so shiny either, it was modern, but it definitely needed some fixing.

You walked inside the hospital. Some patients were walking around with nurses, doctors running in different directions and names getting called out on the loudspeaker.

You hurried over to the receptionist table, you wanted to be first to get in and out of this place if you needed to. You didn't want anyone to get in your way.

"Hello, what may I help you with?" The receptionist asked in Arabic.

"I'm here to see one of my friends, his name is Bill Hope." You answered also in Arabic. "I'm picking him up." You added.

The lady typed something for a second before she spoke again. "Bill is undergoing some tests, but I'll lead you to his room." She said and stood up, grabbing his chart.

"What kind of tests?" You asked.

"His insulin level was low." She said looking over his charts.

"Well obviously, he is diabetic." You said. The lady stopped and wrote something.

"He didn't tell us that, I'll talk to his doctor." She said and started to walk again.

You followed closely behind her, into the elevator. It was silent, you didn't want to talk, and the lady simply didn't. So you were left alone to think while you were going up to whichever room he's in.

Bill usually tells people that he's diabetic. Guess he forgot this time making the doctors' and his time more difficult than it should be.

"You're not from around here." The lady said breaking the silence.

"Oh no, I'm an archaeologist." You said. "I'm here for an expedition."

"So cool, Bill doesn't speak Arabic either, he isn't from around here right?"

"Bill is British, he also came here for something like that." You said.

"Definitely legal, right?" The lady laughed.

"Yeah, all legal!" You said chuckling awkwardly. The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened.

This level was way less lively than the others you saw. People were not walking around as much, there were less doctors running around and it was more silent here.

The receptionist walked you in front of a room. "You can go in, Bill and Dr. Ohlem should be back any time soon." She said and walked away.

You opened the door that was said to be Bill's room. You sat down on one of the chairs and pulled out your phone. A couple text messages from Clay and missed calls from Will. Nothing interesting.

You sat around for a while before the door slowly opened.

But Bill and Dr. Ohlem weren't the one's who walked in. It was a small person, probably around 4'10. Not who you were looking for.

He closed the door and locked it.

"Hello." They said. Quite ominous.

"Who are you?" You asked standing up.

"None of your business really." She sounded British or Welsh. You couldn't really decide.

"I'd like to know actually." You said and pulled out your gun and pointed it at them. "Where's Bill?"

"You don't have to worry about that." They said. "He is still undergoing the tests." He said.

"What do you want from me then?" You asked.

"I want you to put the pistol down, and relax. I'm not here to fuck with you." She said.

"Why should I trust you with that?"

"Your arm is gonna get tired." She said. She pointed at your slightly shaky arm, that was barely gripping on to the gun.

"Fair point." You said and put your gun down, letting your arm rest. "So what do you want." You asked again. You didn't actually thought about getting an answer.

"I have a proposal." He said.

"What kind?" You asked looking straight at her.

"You're searching for something pretty important. Something humanity has been for thousands of years." She said.

"To the point please?"

"Right, Wilbur Soot, the person you're working with isn't there to find the grave. He wants to kill you." She said.

"Kill me? Highly doubt that, man's not even capable of killing a fly." You said. This was expected, to be honest, you had a feeling he was out for your blood, but definitely not like this.

"Tinea ad flamma." He said.

"How do you know that?"

"You found a suitcase with that sticker on it this morning. That's who he's working for. They're a pretty big gang in London, consisting of multiple departments. They're my team's rivals. I don't know much about what they do, only that they find pleasure in killing criminals." They said.

"I'm not a criminal." You said. Not so true, lying seems to be in your blood these days.

"Y/N Calvin kinda sounds like a stripper name to me." They said sarcastically.

"Do you stalk me or something? Is this some sort of prank?"

"Maybe." She said.

"Who are you again?"

"I'm Aimee. Aimsey for short." He said. You heard about them before, but that was quite the time ago.

"Doesn't explain what you want." You said.

"I want you to think about joining me. My group. Not Will's." They said. "Here's my number. Think about it." He said and handed you a card with her name and number on it.

"This was really ominous you know. I'd rather be with someone who is less mysterious like you." You said.

"That's on you. I just want you to be safe. You're pretty talented. You're famous in the criminal world. It would be a shame if you died." He said.

"Not going to lie, you sound fishy as hell. I won't take your deal into consideration, thank you for the offer." You said and crumbled the small paper card.

"You'll change your mind." They said and stood up existing the room.

"I won't!" You yelled after her.

People around here are weird. You need to think about what he said though. She could be right. But at this point, who cares.