15

You arrived at the camp site that Clay and Will were already setting up.

They were quite fast, you didn't expect them to set everything up in time and actually do everything that needed to be done to start the excavation.

Even if you told Clay to start without you, he was laying in the shade of an umbrella, that was supposed to give shade to a table, that was supposed to be used to put out your maps and information about the damn grave.

But no. Clay had to take a catnap under it, leaving Will and the others to work on the sun.

You quickly got out of the car and locked it, making sure you covered the boxes of weapons with a tarp, and secured it to the car well.

As soon as you were done with that, you stormed over to the sound asleep Clay, Bill following close behind you, like a poodle.

"Took a good nap?" You asked.

"Yeah." He said calmly waking up. "Wait you're back?"

"No, I'm still in Cairo. What do you think fuckface?" Clay quickly sat up and looked at Bill straight away.

"What's he doing here?" He asked getting up.

"Ew man, why aren't you wearing a shirt?" Bill asked. Clay was indeed not wearing a shirt, you didn't really notice until Bill pointed it out though. Clay stood up right away also grabbing a shirt in the process.

"How is work going?" You asked.

"Uh... Probably well? I don't really know."  Clay said while putting on his shirt. "Ask Will."

"I gave you the job to work with them until I get back. Why didn't you do that?" You asked starting to walk to the table where Will and Jack were analysing the information you had. You were pretty sure you took the map with you, but Wilbur was looking at it, very much trying to figure out where should you start digging.

"I got tired. And I thought a nap wouldn't hurt." Clay said.

"Alright. Well if you weren't doing anything yet, get on it and help the others." You said. Clay groaned and went over to Niki and Phil at another desk, close to where the X could mark the spot.

You walked over to Will and Jack and looked over the papers on the table. "Anything?" You asked.

"Nothing special so far." Jack said still reading a paper.

"On the map it says it should be over there." Will pointed towards a spot. "I haven't taken out the X-ray yet, but it has to be really deep then." He said.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get the x-ray and check." You said putting your bag down on the table. You started walking towards Phil's car, Will stayed at the table and you were walking with Jack instead.

It was silent for a fat minute before he spoke up. "You know, he talks about you non stop." Jack said.

"Who?" Dumb question. You obviously know who it was.

"Will. We're talking about anything, he always manages to make it about you." He said. "You're like his damn addiction." Jack said.

"Weird. I didn't know I was that loveable." You said sarcastically. You were extremely loveable. Like who wouldn't fall for you. Well... You haven't had a relationship for a while, so not many people. But you can always try to be at least a little charming.

When you're not trying to kill someone of course.

"Yeah, I mean I bet he has like a fat crush on you. Wouldn't be surprised." Jack said. He unlocked Phil's car and opened the backseat door. "He also likes to like... Fantasise about you I guess. He gets all distracted 'n shit." He said taking out a laptop and some sort of small computer.

You found Will attractive before. But this made things a 100% worse. He was beautiful, handsome, perfect. If you were told to imagine someone perfect, you'd think of him. His smile made your damn day, and his hair looked so soft. You wanted to tackle him, he was so perfect. His face shape was perfect, his ears, his nose, his lips. Everything.

It's bad that you were feeling that way, since you'll have to kill him. But he was just so amazing, good looking and a gentleman. Well as much as you know him.

You developed this thing really easily. Maybe it was just over exaggeration, you couldn't just develop such feelings in a matter of a couple days. It's impossible. It's something you'd read in a romance book.

"You're being a really bad friend by telling me this." You said. "But at least I know that the fee-"

"Hey, Y/N! We found something!" Tommy screamed, cutting you off.

Jack quickly locked the car and you were both jogging to Tommy and the others. Tommy had made a hole already, without the use of the x-ray and found some sort of sandstone bricks hidden under the sand, not so low from your expectations.

Clay also ran over standing next to you. He looked at you smiling and you smiled back.

Phase 1 complete: find the grave.

Now comes phase 2. Open it.

Shouldn't be so hard. If Tommy managed to find this while being a translator, it won't be hard to get in.

You'll be done faster than you thought. You walked closer to the hole Tommy made, looking down for any damage to it.

It seemed your dad wasn't actually lying about being at the grave before. His initials were engraved into the soft sandstone, meaning he was correct, and you found what you were searching for.

Not just you, humanity itself has been searching for. You just needed to get in, and make sure there won't be any reports of you digging around here, surely would be unfortunate.

"Alright. Good start." You said looking up at the sky. "We'll continue tomorrow." You said helping Tommy out of the hole.

Strange that it wasn't as low as you thought. But your father being here explains that, so there's nothing to worry about.

Maybe the sticker. But you only need to worry about the sticker. You'll figure that damn thing out sooner or later.

You have to if you want to save your life.